cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed increase

markm9
Grafter

Fibre speed increase

Quick question, i have just checked on the connection page on my Members centre page, and have noticed that my Estimated Line speed has increased to 59Mb, but i am currently not receiving this, as you can see my Current line speed is 52.8Mb, i have powered down both router and Modem to no avail, is it a case of a call to PN to re-profile my line or will this happen over a few  days.
Overall i am more than happy with service from PN.

Phone exchange:
HETTON LE HOLE
Estimated line speed:
59Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2013-12-03 11:37:15
Current line speed:
52.8 Mb
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre speed increase

Reprofiling the line isn't something simple on a Fibre line. It can only be reset after an engineers visit, we simply don't have the tools to do anything with this.
You may see the line speed improve, however the line management on Fibre can't take a while to do this. If your speed is significantly under your estimate then we can possibly look into this as a fault if you report it at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

My original speed estimate was 57Mb down but according to the btwholesale checker this has now increased
  FAQ

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
58.54 Mbps

0 Mbps 60.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 58.54 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-60.83 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 60.83 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
10.31 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 10.31Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

markm9
Grafter

Chris, thanks for that, i'll leave this for now, and monitor over a period of time, i dont want to log as a fault, as up to now my bband experience with PN has been excellent.