cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed halved from 60Mb to 30Mb overnight

Tensulp
Grafter

Fibre speed halved from 60Mb to 30Mb overnight

My fibre speed has dropped from an average of around 60Mb a couple of days ago to an average of 30Mb today.
Nothing in my network setup has been changed recently.
When I had fibre installed I got over 70Mb which gradually came down and settled at around 60Mb and had been like that for months until I checked the speed again the other day to find it under 30Mb.
When I had my fibre connection installed the BT engineer found that my line was faulty and had to move me onto one of the spare lines at the top of the telephone pole. He said that out of the 3 remaining spare lines up the pole only 1 was working correctly and that he would report the faulty spares to BT. The other day I noticed that a BT engineer came and did something with the underground cables down one of the BT manholes that connects to the pole. It is since then that my fibre connection has halved.
I test my line speed regularly and have attached an image showing speeds from different points this year.
I have also run the BT Diagonstic which reported the following:-
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 33.93 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 2.54 Mbps
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information. 

Where do I go from here in trying to get my fibre restored back to its orginal speed?
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre speed halved from 60Mb to 30Mb overnight

Hi Tensulp,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with slow Fibre speeds. I've just run a few tests on your line and it's identified a Copper Fault. Can you please complete the Broadband Fault Checker at http://faults.plus.net so we can get our suppliers to get that sorted out for you?
Tensulp
Grafter

Re: Fibre speed halved from 60Mb to 30Mb overnight

Thanks for the quick reply Chris, I have completed the test now.