Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed estimate

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Fibre speed estimate

I probably missed it but is there somewhere that I can get an estimate of speed if I switch to fibre?
I can find the broadband but no mention of fibre speed. Thanks in advance. Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre speed estimate

Hi doris barloff,
You can visit https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and type in your telephone number and it'll tell you if Fibre is available, if it is, it'll give you a speed estimate too.
smiler1
Grafter

Hi doris barloff,

I would take that reply with a pinch of salt. My speed on dsl checker is between  60 downstream high, 43 downstream low, ------  17 upstream high, 10 up stream low.
Plusnet estimate 43 down,-------actual speed is 30Mb down and 7Mb up.
I raised a fault on this with Pn, as on change over to FTTC for 10 days my speed was above 40 Mb, However I am now told they do not regard this as a fault unless it drops below 23Mb.
I am on the full 80/20 package.
I hope this helps in your decision.
regards smiler1

( READ MY THREAD "FTTC SLOWING DOWN BELOW ESTIMATE")
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Unlike smiler1, I, like 99.99999% of Plusnet users am more than happy with their fibre. I've been a customer for over 18 months & like most users, my speeds do vary from time to time. However, it doesn't seem to affect my service. Right now my results shown below are both in excess of predicted. Smiley
cbate
Dabbler

they said  my  estimate  was  29mb  I get 21mb  put  far happy  has I need a deal  for 18months  so  only £3.00  more then I was paying for normal broadband

conrad
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Yeah I wouldn't take the speed estimates provided from BT as gospel , when i joined plusnet back in March my estimate was 67Mb when connected i synced at 65Mb ( currently not the case bu that's a different matter)  about three weeks ago BT dropped it to 29Mb with no warning or explanation as to why they did that despite asking plusnet if they can get BT to say why i still have no clue or answer as to why they dropped it by more than half  in almost three months of me joining so be aware what you see now may not be that way weeks or a couple of months from now.