Did you mean: 

Fibre speed drop

andreu1
Grafter

Fibre speed drop

Over the past few days my fibre speed has dropped by at least 20mb Angry
Here was my last speed test

and here is my speed test from today

I have phoned customer support and was told there was nothing that can be done as my speed is "around the estimated speed"
I have had a stable connection for 8 months with the first speed
What can I do?
40 REPLIES 40
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre speed drop

Post the results of the BT speedtest Further Diagnostics and we may have an idea
andreu1
Grafter

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 46.2 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 11.39 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

doesn't really help - bloody typical that it won't work
This will need staff involvement to look at your actual connection status
However the revealing thing is the upload speed as this isn't limited by any profiling
It has dropped a lot
It would be worth raising a speed fault and see what comes back https://faults.plus.net
As an aside - forget about estimated speed as that can update to match the actual connection
LukeS
Grafter

I've tested the line and there appears to be an issue. Can you please raise a fault via http://faults.plus.net (After 5pm due BT maintenance) and our faults team will get this picked up for you.
andreu1
Grafter

Hi,
Thank you for this.
I will raise a fault after 5pm.
I did call the support team this morning and the lady I spoke to said there was nothing that she could do, even though i said that my connection had been stable for 8 months!
I will report back with my update.
Thanks again for your help though.
andreu1
Grafter

My current line spped has also dropped from 71.6Mb
to
Current line speed: 47.4 Mb
Embarrassed
I have raised a fault
andreu1
Grafter

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The fault has been raised with our suppliers. Our Faults Team will be back in touch as soon as they can.
andreu1
Grafter

Hi,
Yes I have this message on my account
The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Thursday 24th July at 2:00pm. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Logged Faults until this time.
Not sure what this means though! Has the fault been identified or is this still an investigation?
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The fault is with our suppliers. Once we have a further update from them, we'll be back in touch with you.
andreu1
Grafter

I have just got this update
Question [ 88806075 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
This really does not give much information about what has happened in just under a week!
How long will this take?
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately it's very much dependent on how long the testing takes from our suppliers, generally 48-72 hours.
The ticket has been passed back to you as we require an engineer to visit. Can you please provide your availability for an engineer on the ticket and I'll get that booked in for you?
andreu1
Grafter

What sort of timescale are we looking at? And do you have morning or afternoon visits?  I will have to book time off work either way.
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The time slots are 8am-1pm Monday to Friday. We'd generally need 24 hours notice of booking an engineer. So if you told me tomorrow what your availability is, I'd probably be able to get you an engineer booked in for Monday.
On rare occasions, weekend slots are available, unfortunately I can't see there are any available. Feel free to provide any weekend availability in case something does pop up though.