cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre set up but no router arrived? Update: Engineer Missed Appointment

mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Fibre set up but no router arrived? Update: Engineer Missed Appointment

An engineer arrived today (due to arrive tomorrow so fortunately my fiancee was in) to install our fibre, but we're yet to receive our router. In my connection settings it says:
Hardware delivery
The order has not yet been placed
If you'd like to change your delivery address, you can do so any time before your hardware is sent out.
I ordered it on 24th December! Money has been taken out of my account but looks like I'll be without the internet for a few days (really not good when you're a freelancer)  Undecided
43 REPLIES 43
bmgrt
Dabbler

Re: Fibre set up but no router arrived?

Have a search around the forum, I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can connect directly to the BT modem with an ethernet cable. Now if you can only access through wifi or haven't got such a cable at hand...  Undecided indeed !
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Thanks, I only have my old Sky router so I'll try that when I get home - but apparently the engineer said we'll be internet-less until it arrives. Fingers crossed it works as it should when it gets here (though it needs to be dispatched first!)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, really sorry to hear that. I've ordered the router for you so it should be with you in a couple of days, in the mean time I hope this helps to get the connection online (assuming the engineer brought the fibre modem): http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Thanks Matt. Do you know if the Mac instructions posted as a comment works? Fingers crossed he brought the fibre router. Will (attempt to) report back when I get in!
edit: Couldn't get it to work, internet is down but engineer coming again today so hopefully that'll sort it Smiley
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Engineer hasn't arrived despite being arranged to between 8am-1pm. Nobody will be in now during the daytime for an engineer until Monday and I need the internet for work in the evenings! 1 week with no internet just isn't good enough. This combined with no router being sent out isn't giving me much confidence in my decision to switch to Plusnet who promised to 'do me proud'
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre set up but no router arrived? Update: Engineer Missed Appointment

Right, I've just chased this with our suppliers. It looks like the order should be complete and the engineer visit today is the one that happened yesterday - sorry about that. I suspect the issue is that the order hasn't closed off in the system we have access to. This is what I was chasing them about, apparently there's a system problem preventing it being closed so they've raised what they call a bridge case to get it sorted - I should get an update on that tomorrow.
In the mean time I hope the router arrives soon and enables you to get connected - please let us know if that's the case or not.
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Thanks Matt, that's appreciated. The engineer said on Monday he'd not managed to do everything at our end and he'd return today to finish off. Hopefully it'll be something at the cabinet (if at all) and the router will work straight away
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Still waiting on an update for the bridge case I'm afraid, have you heard anything from the engineer at all or noticed any changes to the service?
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Not heard anything from them - received a text asking for feedback on their service on Monday so have text them explaining what happened but not heard anything back (assuming it's just an automated thing)
Tried the mac instructions through the link posted above to connect directly last night with PPPoE but to no avail, out at the moment but will try again when I get home
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Router arrived, plugged it in and all lights on except for internet Sad
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Call the helpdesk and ask them to activate your account.
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Spoke to Joe, friendly and helpful but basically said the balls in Openzone's court and they'd chase them up in the morning Sad
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

FYI Openzone is BT WiFi Hotspot service. You probably mean the dreaded Openreach.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Whoops, that's the one. I blame iphone autocorrect  Huh