cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre router named NETGEAR02 and no security

frostietony

Fibre router named NETGEAR02 and no security

Hi,
A bit confused, had BT guy in today to install modem and faceplate. He tried a DSL check with his kit and this did not work.
He then plugged in the fibre modem, which lit up and green dsl light came on and stayed on.
Then I plug in Plusnet's Netgear WNR1000 and eventually, as per instructions green lights come on.
Then I try and find the wifi network, to discover it is "NETGEAR02".
My question is - should this be called this, despite the sticker on the base identifying it as PlusnetWirelessxxxxxxx? Should I do a factory reset (or will I lose the plusnet auto config settings?)
So possible issues - my text says I am not going to be activated until midnight tonight. Is that the issue?
Also I am moving from Orange Broadband and phone to Plusnet, so not straightforward. Another text tells me my phone service will be moved over on 20th Feb!

Reassurance, advice  or help required - I am worried I may not be with internet for some time!
Cheers 
Tony
4 REPLIES 4
frostietony

Re: Fibre router named NETGEAR02 and no security

..UPDATE..
Maybe I was too scared, but 2 hours later, a factory reset (paperclip jobbie) and manually entering my username and password in the Netgear setup wizard screen has worked!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

despite the sticker on the base identifying it as PlusnetWirelessxxxxxxx?

Yes the SSID should match the sticker. So it sounds like there may have been an issue with that particular router.
Sorry for any incovnenience and here's hoping things continue to go smoothly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Is it a 2nd hand unit ?
frostietony

brand new router, and all working fine now with decent 30Mb+ speeds already!