Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre profile needs changing?

ericelgato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fibre profile needs changing?

My new unlimited fibre connection was installed on the 21st. It's working okay, but on a 40/10 profile.
Do I need to request a change to 80/20, or will it happen automatically? If I do need to request it is posting here enough, or do I need to get on the phone? I've not seen anything that makes this clear.
My other phone line also has FTTC and is getting 66/16 at the moment, so there's some room for improvement.
Thanks
39 REPLIES 39
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Fibre profile needs changing?

welcome to the forums ericelgato Smiley
There is a problem that some people were provisioned on 40/10 instead of 80/20, you can call up and request that you are put on the right one or it should be picked up by one of the digi care team on here.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ericelgato,
Firstly welcome to the community forums, and secondly I've placed a modify order on your line that will complete tomorrow and give you your improved speeds Smiley
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
ericelgato
Rising Star

The profile has now changed and the upload/download is more-or-less identical to my other FTTC connection.  Smiley
While I'm here...
I'm not completely decided on whether I'm going to leave both connections active or not.
I'm currently running a mail server (very little traffic) and a site-to-site IPsec VPN on my other FTTC connection.
Is this sort of use permitted on a Plusnet residential connection?
Can I get a static IP address assigned (and if so what would the cost be)?
Could I get the rDNS changed to match my domain?
I appreciate that this is probably pushing things for a residential package, but no harm in asking.
Thanks for the help so far.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to see that your speeds are what they should be.
I'm currently running a mail server (very little traffic) and a site-to-site IPsec VPN on my other FTTC connection.
Is this sort of use permitted on a Plusnet residential connection?

You're fine doing this
Can I get a static IP address assigned (and if so what would the cost be)?

Yes you can, it a £5 one-off fee, you can add it <a href="https://portal.plus.net/AddOns.html">here</a>.

Once you've got your static IP set up, you can raise a ticket at http://contactus.plus.net or give us a nudge on here and we'll arrange that for you.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: chrispurvey

Once you've got your static IP set up, you can raise a ticket at http://contactus.plus.net or give us a nudge on here and we'll arrange that for you.

You'll need the matching record set up on your domain first though!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ericelgato
Rising Star

Thanks for the very complete answers to my questions.
The static IP is sorted. Very nice that it's a one-off cost rather than ongoing.
I'll get my my domain's DNS updated and then submit the rDNS request.
Thanks again.

broadbandjockey

Quote from: ericelgato
My new unlimited fibre connection was installed on the 21st. It's working okay, but on a 40/10 profile.

I've got exactly the same problem, my FTTC service was migrated to PlusNet on Jan 22nd, I'm on 'Fibre Unlimited' that should
be a 80/20 profile, but running a BTO diagnostic shows my max achievable upload to be 10 Mb/s, which implies
I'm on 40/10 and therefore Fibre Essentials profile ?
Can one of the PN tech support staff please check for me ?
mozster
Dabbler

Quote from: broadbandjockey
Quote from: ericelgato

I've got exactly the same problem, my FTTC service was migrated to PlusNet on Jan 22nd, I'm on 'Fibre Unlimited' that should
be a 80/20 profile, but running a BTO diagnostic shows my max achievable upload to be 10 Mb/s, which implies
I'm on 40/10 and therefore Fibre Essentials profile ?

My connection was enabled Fri 25th in the morning and was showing up as a 40/10 product... I rang customer service in the evening and was told it was inadvertently set to the wrong profile and would be switched over, but I've not seen it happen yet (Sat eve)... Am I just being impatient? Is it something that'll happen during working hours on Monday?
Also is there something wrong with the online ordering system that's setting everyone to 40/10 to begin with?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: mozster
Also is there something wrong with the online ordering system that's setting everyone to 40/10 to begin with?

Yes there is, or was - I think that bug has been fixed for new orders. Plusnet should be working through accounts affected to get them onto the correct service but prompting here will help.
David
markm9
Grafter

Hi mozster, my fibre was installed also on Fri, and also on same profile, i was told this would happen on Mon. Wink
mozster
Dabbler

great, thanks for the feedback  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: markm9
Hi mozster, my fibre was installed also on Fri, and also on same profile, i was told this would happen on Mon. Wink

That looks like it gone through for you.
Quote from: mozster
great, thanks for the feedback  Smiley

Hi, I've placed a modify order for your line and you'll see the increase tomorrow Smiley
ChowchillaC
Dabbler

Hi. ive just posted a thread on the forums http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111337.0.html and i also believe ive been put on the wrong profile Cheesy
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ChowchillaC
I've replied to your post.