Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order status

grahameys
Dabbler

Fibre order status

Hi all,
My local cab finally had fibre available on Thursday 1st May and I promptly ordered using the upgrade your service section of the website, and chose the 9th of May as the install date. I received an email instantly from plusnet saying that an engineer appointment has been set, but nothing else. Thought I would look on the order status and I see this:

Does this look normal? It is just that date of 01/01/1970 looks a bit strange and I have seen mention of people getting 3 install dates to choose from during the order process whereas I didn't
I am probably worrying over nothing, but I have taken the day off on Friday so I hope all goes to plan!
Thanks
G.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre order status

Hi grahameys.
Sorry for any confusion about the date in 1970, that as you may guess is there because the conract isn't active yet. When fibre goes active for you that should update to reflect the correct start date for your service, it's something we're going to change as part of some improvements to our fibre ordering "journey".

Regarding the fibre order our suppliers systems are down at the moment so I'm unable to update you about that right now but I will be coming back to this later, hopefully when their systems are back up.
Adam
UPDATE: Just letting you know I've updated ticket 85253883.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahameys
Dabbler

Thank you for clearing that up for me Adam, look forward to your update re my order process.
Grahame
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We must have sensed each other updating this thread! Making sure you saw my update against my last reply.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahameys
Dabbler

Thanks again for your help Adam, top service!
grahameys
Dabbler

Got installed today. Good and bad really....
Engineer turned up bang on 1pm. He was a a Kelly Communications contractor. Told him I wanted to use the socket in my lounge. He wasn't sure, so phoned his boss, who said nope, master nor nowt... I then asked about the data extension kit. He said yeah, no worries - then decided there was no easy way into my lounge with that either. He went to phone his manager, came back in and said if I drilled holes, he would do it..... While he was out, I phoned my mate who is a BT engineer. He told me just to get it put on the master and he'd tell me how to fix it. So we went that route and set everything up in the hallway. I was estimated 66mbit down but it synced around 70! He did his checks and left, and I phoned my mate and within 5 mins, I had the data extension running over the socket in the lounge. Plugged in the modem and router to that and full speed, just like the master, really don't understand why he would not do it in the first place.
Anyway, I got it all running and plugged the ethernet into my laptop and wasn't getting a connection. Looked at the socket and I'd somehow managed to damage the port!!! ARSE! So at the moment, I am running over wifi until I get a USB3 to ethernet adapter delivered on Monday then I will get the port repaired in due course.  All in all I am happy, just wish I hadn't broke my laptop Smiley
SO... Before:

After:

G.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm glad you've managed to get everything sorted out.
Please do let us know how you get on after you've installed your USB 3 adapter.