cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order...should CS be sending me a WR1000 instead of a Thompson ?

tangey
Grafter

Fibre order...should CS be sending me a WR1000 instead of a Thompson ?

I was on the fibre trial, and keep my old broadband you way package until last night.  I phoned and switched to a fibre extra + pro package.  I thought I better get the latest router, as the one I am using is a Zyxel I got on test from plusnet. The guy went away and came back and told me the latest one they send is a "tompson premium N", so I said go ahead and he took the P&P.
I see now from the plusnet website that fibre accounts should be sent the netgear WR1000 N and have been getting that since Jan 2011.  Is the Thompson much inferior, and why did the systems point the CS guy to the wrong item ?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre order...should CS be sending me a WR1000 instead of a Thompson ?

tangey,
The guy went away and came back and told me the latest one they send is a "tompson premium N"

Technically that is right, what I think has happened here is that the agent has looked at your current account type and not what you are changing to (i.e fibre).
I'll cancel that order and re-order a Netgear.
Sorry for any confusion!
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tangey
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
tangey,

Technically that is right, what I think has happened here is that the agent has looked at your current account type and not what you are changing to (i.e fibre).
I'll cancel that order and re-order a Netgear.
Sorry for any confusion!

Thanks for that, don't know if the Thompson one went out yet or not.
BTW, I take it  you can find out my plusnet account name without me specifically stating it here ?
Regards
Ian
tangey
Grafter

Adam,
I just took a look at my account details and I see you've cancelled the Thompson and ordered the Netgear, thanks for that.
on the original order, i was being supplied the modem for free, and only paid the £4.99 for the P&P, which the CS guy took via card there and then.
However the new account details your added show a charge of £40 against the netgear modem.
Can you confirm I won't be hit with a £40 charge
Cheers
ian
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi again,
We're not charging you for the Netgear, the £40 you can see mentioned is a deferred contract, that means we would want to charge you for the router if you cancelled within 12 months.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team