cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic broadband fault - Internet light

M123Ak

Fibre optic broadband fault - Internet light

So after my last encounter at trying to upgrade to fibre optic broadband (where the engineer just didn't turn up, as the order didn't happen even after paying for p+p), today the engineer turned up and fitted everything, but after leaving, I noticed the Internet light on the new modem just never turned green. 9 hours later, and after several restarts and resets, I'm still waiting for it to turn green.
Had a word with the customer service representative, and he has escalated this to the faults team. I designs websites and conduct online classes, so having an Internet connection is vital for me. At least last time I didn't have this issue as I still had a connection! I'm using my mobile data connection and it sucks!
Anyone else had a workaround for this?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre optic broadband fault - Internet light

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to see there's been an issue with your connection straight away. I've just reported the fault with our suppliers for you and we should have an update within the next 72 hours.
Please keep an eye on ticket 82374365 for further updates.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

sounds like you got a pretty poor engineer,  he / she shouldn't have left without  testing everything first, i had my fibre broadband installed yesterday and the engineer didn't leave until everything was working, he tested the router, modem and phones. it wasn't even a BTO one but one of their 3rd party engineers which i would have expected to do a poorer job based on stories i have heard form other people's fibre installs that had them,  but this one was excellent.   
M123Ak

Quote from: Terranova667
sounds like you got a pretty poor engineer,  he / she shouldn't have left without  testing everything first, i had my fibre broadband installed yesterday and the engineer didn't leave until everything was working, he tested the router, modem and phones. it wasn't even a BTO one but one of their 3rd party engineers which i would have expected to do a poorer job based on stories i have heard form other people's fibre installs that had them,  but this one was excellent.   

Yeah you'd have thought... It was just a rush to get out as soon as possible. Now I have to wait 72 hours for an update! My once excellent standing with plusnet is diminishing very quickly.