cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installed today - one quick question...

yuvp

Fibre installed today - one quick question...

Hello all,
I had my Fibre installed today, which was a very speedy and efficient service I should add. Only question I have is whether its normal for my speeds to be all over the place? I understand that when its first installed there is a 10 day period for the line to stabilize, but I have recorded speed results ranging from 9 meg to over a 100! All my devices seem to connect at different speeds with web browsing still seeming a little sluggish.
Again, I'm sure this is probably the norm, but thought I'd check with the experts just incase  Cheesy
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
ncf355
Grafter

Re: Fibre installed today - one quick question...

Hmm
Are the "other devices" wireless
Easiest way to get stability is use a wired connection
Thats for starters, the more learned members will be able to offer better advice
yuvp

Yes they are wireless, PS3/iPad etc. I may give the laptop a go with a wired connection once I get the chance.
Thanks mate!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hoping that got it sorted for you @yuvp let us know if there's still any issues.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ajbrown1965
Grafter

I have found it much more critical as to how you connect to your router on fibre than on ADSL2 as to what speeds you get recorded. The only certain way of getting an accurate measure from my experience is to connect a computer directly into the router by cable. Wireless is very erratic, and only gets near the 'correct' figure if you have an 802.11n network. I've even found that connecting by cable via an ethernet hub can affect the readings.