Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installed but not activated

andyb2612

Fibre installed but not activated

Hi
Sorry to bother you...
BT installed everything early this afternoon, for 40mps fibre, but it is still not activated.... how long till i get activation?
thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Fibre installed but not activated

It does not need activating... you use the same login details as previously in the plusnet supplied router (which you connect to the BT supplied VDSL modem). Just set up the WAN port to use PPPoE and enter your details.
Unless you are referring to getting the faster speed due to still having your old IP profile... this will be sorted out in a day or so when BT tell Plusnet the installation is completed.
markg140
Grafter

Mine's coming to be installaed tomorrow, router is already pre-set up by moi.
How will I get line details and statistics seen as the router has no modem built in, and as far as I'm aware the modem has no GUI interface.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Its not possible to get any line stats from a FTTC/FTTP connection with the set-up BT use.
All you can see is your sync rate on the BT speed test
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You can't see the sync speed, it's the IP profile it shows. The sync speed would be higher (maximum 40000). Maximum IP profile is 38717. AFAIK nobody has come up with a way for the end user to get the sync speed.
Sorry, just noticed the PUG signature - I'm sure you know all that  Smiley
knowdice
Rising Star

There are now a few routers available now that implement VDSL+ so can be used to replace the VDSL Modem + Router combination with a single box.
If you go this way then you do have access to the sync information and they do work on FTTC/Infinity - whether it's allowed by BT is another matter...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI andyb2612,
There's a problem activating the new profile at the moment, We'll keep you updated as soon as we have more information.
Jojo Smiley