cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

danyulo
Grafter

Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

Hi there,
I am working at my home today with a fibre install due this AM.  Is there a number I can call BT on and a reference that I can quote in order to obtain some assurance that they are coming this morning?
Account name:  reverendo
Thanks
67 REPLIES 67
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

Hi,
There isn't I'm afraid. I've checked on the order though and everything looks set for any time today up until 1pm. Please let us know if there any issues along the way (I hope there isn't) and we'll do our best to help.
danyulo
Grafter

OK thanks Chis
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Good luck danyulo.  I'm working from home today waiting for the engineer to arrive to install fibre, so pretty much the same as you!
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

danyulo
Grafter

Hello. An appeal for confirmation and additional assistance please. BT have completed their install and their fibre router is connected fine. However, no green internet light on the plusnet router. I have called Plusnet support and after some initial troubleshooting the analyst told me that the reason that my service does not work is because my order has not completed on BTs system. This seems extraordinary to me: why would BT send an engineer to complete the install without a completed order? Your analyst said there is nothing that he or I can do, except wait.
Please advise further.
Thanks
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The engineer needs to close the job before PN can do anything else..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks dvorak.  Do you happen to know if there is anything i can do to progress that?  The BT engineer already left, under the impression that his part was done.
Thanks
danyulo
All4One
Grafter

The engineer might have left your property, doesn't mean he hasn't gone to the cabinet/exchange to do further work for you. Then once he signs it off, you should be good to go.
dvorak

my engineer didn't sign the job off until a few hours after he'd left
Customer / Moderator
danyulo
Grafter

Right thanks dvorak,
Hello Plusnet staff:  That would suggest to me a broken process.  My engineer left thinking that there was a fault or mis-configuration with the Plusnet leg of the service, and was not planning any further installation activity for my line.  Surely the process should allow the service to be proved working whilst the BT engineer is still on site.
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danyulo,
The engineer is only allocated to complete the installation and is required to check and confirm sync to the Openreach Modem. The PPP side of things doesn't fall into Openreach's remit.
Is the Openreach Modem powered up and connected?
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
Understood.  I think then that it would help if the BT engineer force understood this.  My engineer was expecting the service to work once he plugged everything in. 
To confirm, yes I have left everything plugged in.  the BT modem was displaying the correct lights.  The PN router was showing no internet light.  I've left it continuing to retry.
Thanks
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries - the engineers should know this, it's BT Openreach who provided it in this way...
With regards to the current issue. Would you be able to log into the router and try and put your details in manually? The order is showing as complete and your account is active.
danyulo
Grafter

Sure.
I've just tried this again, although we did try it when the BT engineer was still here.  Same results just now:  stuck on 'retrying...'
Can I confirm, the user/pass that I put in here should be [my account user ID]@plusdsl.net  and my account password?
Just looking at router logs, the last entry says:
Jan 1 05:26:23 - CONFIGURATION mbus igd sync successfull [SIC]
dvorak

Quote from: danyulo
Can I confirm, the user/pass that I put in here should be [my account user ID]@plusdsl.net  and my account password?

that's correct
Customer / Moderator