cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre in Glasgow?

Engstrom

Fibre in Glasgow?

I recently tried to get infinity via bt at an address in Glasgow. The uswitch and bt sites both said it was available as did bt guy when I ordered. Needless to say bt screwed up and 'lost' my order. They made another and checked the line and then said "nope, no infinity at that address". I've contacted plusnet and they have assured me their fibre service is available there. Bt however say this is impossible as the infrastructure isn't set up. Anyone In glasgow near pollokshields east have the full 77mb service?
3 REPLIES 3
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Fibre in Glasgow?

use this page to check your specific cabinet services.
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see there's already a line at your property, can you confirm that this is the case?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Engstrom,
Welcome to the forums.  Unfortunately there are a number of availability checkers and not all of them are up to date - the best one is the one which Chris referred to.
Another complication arises in that BTOR (who own all of the fibre infrastructure no matter which ISP you use) do not fully populate all of the cabinets to full capacity when they are first commissioned.  It is therefore possible to find that FTTC can be available, then not available until more line cards are installed in the cabinet... then available for a while for new orders and then unavailable again.
Hope this helps to clarify.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.