cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre download speed

johno66

Fibre download speed

Hi,had unlimited fiber installed ,the upload worked strait away (13/18mb) but the download is around 5mb/27mb, The engineer said he had to push the job on? i think to confirm fiber is installed. But its 20.12 now (over 8 hours) and download is still the same. My ping has stayed from start around 27/30,it was 35 on sky broadband so not much change.
I'm using a sky hub 5 if that helps,Ive plugged the laptop in via LAN cable but tests are the same.
In the hhb5 it shows as connected at 78.5mb up/19.4 down.
Strange the up worked strait away.
How do i find out if the job has been pushed on,i no its early but i expected at least 40/45mb to start with and hope for 70+.
Thanks for any help or advice  Cheesy
I'm close to the cabinet and had full 20mb with sky broadband,in fact it was 2150kbs and 1150kbs up.
Just done BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test
down 25.13 up 6.68 ping 46. but normally get better than that.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre download speed

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi johno66,
I've just made a few checks and can't see an obvious cause for this, I can see you've raised a fault anyway so hang in there and we'll respond to that soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
C0lin

Hi,
I have a similar experience to johno66. Upgraded from ADSL last week, and upload speeds are healthy around 15Mbps. But the download is  below 5Mbps which is similar to what I was getting with ADSL.
The link Oldjim provided is showing a current line speed of 4.7Mb.
My suspicion is that something somewhere is not correctly configured. I would appreciate any advice to try to identify what.
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi C0lin,
I've changed your profile to match your fibre speeds, so you should now see an much improved speed.
Let me know how you get on.
C0lin

Hi Chris,
Yes that has sorted it. Download speeds over 70Mbps now.
Thanks very much for the speedy response.
colinP

Hi,
I now have the same situation with a different new fibre installation.
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed is showing an estimated line speed of >30 Mbps, but a Current line speed of only 6.6 Mbps, which matches my ADSL before the upgrade to fibre.
I suspect whatever Chris did to fix the other installation needs doing to this one as well. Is there something I should do to kick this change off? It seems like it ought to be automatic, but clearly isn't for some reason.
Any advice on how to sort it would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi colinP,
As your installation is very recent, our suppliers systems are still in the process of updating so I can check what the connection rate is exactly. I've changed the profile based on the Fibre estimate you were provided with. All you should need to do now, is to restart your Plusnet Router.
C0lin

Thanks Chris,
Just me being impatient, based on the other experience, I guess Smiley
Installer showed me his line test which was showing speeds rather better than the estimate which is good. I guess that improvement will ripple through the system in due course. But for now, all looks good.
Thanks again.