Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre d/l speed same as old ADSL???

andrewww
Grafter

Fibre d/l speed same as old ADSL???

Hi,
Fibre was installed yesterday. The engineer said the line was working at about 70Mbps (which was about what I was expecting - PlusNet estimate was 79 and the cabinet is only about 60m away as the crow flies.
HOWEVER while my upload speed has increased to ~18Mbps, my download speed is stuck at ~5.5 - 5.8Mbps as it was on ADSL. I have run through all the checks, re-booted everything, and even a direct connection to the modem gives the same speeds.
While I appreciate that the line needs to stabilise over the next week or so, surely this speed is not right? It's certainly not what I'm paying for!  Cry
I have raised a ticket (Question #83337094), but while I'm waiting for an answer, does anyone have any ideas or a similar experience. I see from the other threads that speed seems to be a general issue at the moment, but if that is the case, why has my upload speed increased so much? Could this be some kind of profiling issue?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre d/l speed same as old ADSL???

The answer is probably that the current line speed hasn't updated https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

It is exactly as oldjim has said, your profile hasn't updated yet.
I've just bumped that manually for you now.
andrewww
Grafter

That's more like it Smiley
Now at 69.66 / 18.75
Thanks.