Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre checker showed fibre , now no fibre

apollo1
Grafter

Fibre checker showed fibre , now no fibre

Hi
Was going to order plusnet fibre last night but the checker shows no fibre for my number, this is strange as for the past 3 weeks its been showing fibre, 27.5mb down and 5.6mb up, I even got to the order part asking what time and date i wanted the install but was not sure so i left it until last night and now it shows no fibre, I tried the BT adsl checker and that shows the same.
Any plusnet staff can look into their internal systems would be great
Thanks
Graham
19 REPLIES 19
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre checker showed fibre , now no fibre

Hi there,
I'm afraid I've just checked in our ordering system and FTTC isn't available to order on your line, sorry about that. Not sure what happened there in all honesty, unless there's been a mix up.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi
This is really strange as I spoke to BT and they said the cabinet was going live 30th September and it took until 2nd week in November to show up in the checkers , now its gone. Will have to contact BT again and see whats going on
Thanks for your help
Graham
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

A cynical person might think that BT are solving their problem of not being able to keep up with Fibre installations by quietly changing the database so fewer lines can order Fibre Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

prichardson
Grafter

I've done some digging and can see the checks that were run, but I cannot see the results of the checks to understand if it did say Fibre was available to begin with.
Checking it now, certainly does confirm it isn't showing it, and comes back with a not planned status.
Further digging with Openreach shows an availability code of S, which to quote means
GEA-FTTC Infrastructure is in place, but a downstream speed equal to, or above, the published threshold is not achievable

It took a little going, but do I hazard a guess you on a new build?
The address was a little hard to locate on a map but I have found that and your cabinet. Based on this, it would suggest a problem in the records.
This would need to be raised with our support teams so they can investigate with our suppliers. This is not to say it would be available, but would need them to raise an investigation with them.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi
Thank you very much for looking into this. I will contact the support team now. I also email openreach yesterday and they will get back to me hopefully.
Very strange about the checker as I got to the Order page.
Thanks again
Graham
apollo1
Grafter

Hi forgot to say it is a new build.
Thanks
anniesboy
Rising Star

I have experienced confusion with regard to FTTC.  Im still waiting for my cabinet to go live.
See this post.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103890.0.html
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi apollo1,
Just raised a ticket on your account so our provisioning team chase our suppliers to get the details updated for you. We'll get the order placed as soon as we're able to.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Matt
Thanks for your help, looking forward to fibre  Smiley
Graham
apollo1
Grafter

Could you please let me know which cab I'm connected to? The only one I can see round the new builds is number 10, this is a small BT cab (Joint normal phone and fibre?) as there is no other cabs near me on the new builds. A New fibre cab is quite big down the road so must serve quite a large area,  This cab  nearest to me (number 10) has recently had work done to it as the new pavement has been dug up and relaid.
Thanks
Graham

Quote from: P
I've done some digging and can see the checks that were run, but I cannot see the results of the checks to understand if it did say Fibre was available to begin with.
Checking it now, certainly does confirm it isn't showing it, and comes back with a not planned status.
Further digging with Openreach shows an availability code of S, which to quote means
GEA-FTTC Infrastructure is in place, but a downstream speed equal to, or above, the published threshold is not achievable

It took a little going, but do I hazard a guess you on a new build?
The address was a little hard to locate on a map but I have found that and your cabinet. Based on this, it would suggest a problem in the records.
This would need to be raised with our support teams so they can investigate with our suppliers. This is not to say it would be available, but would need them to raise an investigation with them.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Graham,
Your cabinet is number 8, it looks like it's on the main road the new build is off.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi
The checkers are now showing i can have fibre on my line!
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 32.8Mbps and upstream line speed of 5.8Mbps.
I have just ordered it through my account for installation on 17th December
Thanks to all the plusnet guys for getting this sorted with open reach, fantastic service as always.
Thanks
Graham
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Great news, if you've got any questions during the installation process let me know and I'll be happy to help.
apollo1
Grafter

Hi Chris
I was on an old Premium package, I went for fibre value, i read someone I had to go to a value or extra broadband service from a premium service before fibre, will this affect my order?
Thanks
Graham