cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband; all lights are green but no internet access

feraldayor

Fibre broadband; all lights are green but no internet access

Hi
Has anybody had the following? I've just had fibre broadband installed. The modem and router both work; all the appropriate lights are green. But when I connect, it only creates a local connection; I can't access the internet. The internet light is green and the Technicolor connectivity test registers everything as working (although before I restarted it, there were red crosses besides the dns server addresses, but these are green ticks now.
I've done the PPPoE link test straight into the modem, which succeeds but still only gives me local access. Any ideas?
The gateway address is 195.166.128.196 and the dns server addresses are 212.159.6.10 (1) and 212.159.6.9 (2).
I'm loathe to phone the help line as I spent 5 minutes going through something I'd said I'd already done and the majority of suggestions given were nonsensical given my problem.
Help!
Tony
PS if there are any PlusNet people reading, the question raised is #66490433
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Fibre broadband; all lights are green but no internet access

Maybe a PC setting? You don't have a proxy set in your browser? DHCP is working on your router and the tcp/ip settings are set to automatically assign?
feraldayor

It happens on my phone, Xbox and pc. The IP address is static, from what I can see.
Bright
Grafter

Could be that your account hasn't been fully activated, if you only went live today. I seem to remember seeing that problem a couple of time before.
Hopefully one of the Digital Care team will check this out in the morning when they are in again and see your post.
feraldayor

If it is that simple, why couldn't the help line guy work it out? Thanks for the suggestion... We'll see if it is that in the morning!
euanmc
Grafter

I had this happen to me like 2days after i got fibre installed.
It basically said i was fully connected, but the only thing that worked for me was skype. After calling Tech Support, we ruled it down to the Router being faulty.
Did a factory reset and works fine now.
feraldayor

@euanmc When you did the factory reset, did you have to re-enter all the settings, or did it remember them?