cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband..... Flashing green dsl light.

lxkid
Grafter

Fibre broadband..... Flashing green dsl light.

I started having this error every now and then on my normal broadband , it would go off for a day or two then would be ok for at least a month then happen again. I put this down to a fault with the router I had at the time.
I've upgraded to plusnet fibre now since last month, so I assumed everything would be ok, till wk before last when the green dsl was flashing it came back on the next day. So I woke up yesterday morning to find the dsl light flashing yet again...as of yet has still not come on!

Any suggestion? Thinking it may be a fault with my line.
Regards
14 REPLIES 14
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Fibre broadband..... Flashing green dsl light.

Don't be confused with the LAN 1 light as that is supposed to flash.
Try opening a faults ticket and Plusnet will run a test etc..  And if there is something wrong, a engineers visit maybe required.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
myjess

See my thread on dsl issue. Are you anywhere near me?
lxkid
Grafter

I've raised a ticket.. I've had this problem for well over 2 years now, like I said before I was guessing the fault was with my old router so I stuck with it till I could buy a new one, but since the the 1st of last month I've upgraded to fibre and got all new equipment so I can rule the old router fault out.
My phone line seems to be completely off... Think that's down to plusnet running test.
My area code is bs23.
Anotherone
Champion

The full line test lasts around 3 - 3½ minutes maximum usually.
There don't seem to be any widespread reported problems in W-S-M (01934) so it probably is your own line  Sad
lxkid
Grafter

I'm also thinking it could be a fault with my line  Undecided ... considering its been going on for 2 years, no-one in my street have reported having the same issues I've been having.
let's see how prompt openreach are at fixing my fault.
Anotherone
Champion

The tests have got to find one first, Intermittent faults can be a right sod to detect Huh  Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
lxkid
Grafter

I can't recall hearing hearing anything out of the ordinary while I've been on my house phone. looks like I'm going to be stuck with this fault for awhile then Undecided this has been the longest the dsl light has been flashing for be the 3rd day today, when it used to happen before it would magically switch back on the following day and be great for a month or so till it decides to play up again.
Anotherone
Champion

Hopefully a line test may find something then if it's persisting, fingers crossed.
lxkid
Grafter

I should add( for the other people reading this or people wanting to switch to plusnet) that the plusnet service over the past 3 years I have been with them have been exceptional , I do not hold plusnet responsible for the fault , its just one of those things!
I will be over the moon when it's finally resolved  Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi lxkid,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection.
If you've raised a support ticket with us at http://faults.plus.net we would be more than happy to take a look into things for you.
lxkid
Grafter

I raised a fault ticket yesterday afternoon around 14:00pm, just waiting to hear back from them.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I can see your line has been tested and our faults team will be in-touch with the outcome.
lxkid
Grafter

Thank you, be great to finally hear what the fault is, and how long before I get my Internet back and running Grin