Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre When?

minimos
Grafter

Fibre When?

Hi,
I am currently on the Plus Net Pro package and would like to upgrade to Fibre.
At present I know the product is not available on my line (exchange enabled but cabinet not).  Work has been ongoing for the last month to install the new fibre cabinet next to the existing green box at the end of the estate, and last week the utility company were installing power to the cab.
As a service provider do you know have a list of 'go-live' dates for individual cabinets, as the only information available from BT only covers exchanges which does not give  the full picture, and the checker still reports the line as being able to receive ASDL2+.
Cheers
Minimos
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre When?

Hi,
The only way I think Plusnet would check is by going to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and typing in your postcode to find your exchange and see if there is any information on there.
- Chris
x47c
Grafter

...and anyway you cannot order or indeed pre-order fibre until the BT ADSL checker used against your phone number says that
fibre is now available to you.
Even if it has an expected date against it for when it should be available that is not enough - it has to be "active"
The various Openreach pdf around and the Sam doesn't know site only give the exchange availabilty not the cabinet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The best information available will be obtained direct from BT Wholesale by putting your telephone number in to https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
anniesboy
Rising Star

You will Im fairly sure need use BT availability checker.
The exchange that I am on ,shows RFS (ready for service)  Dec.1st
For me the checker shows no fibre date,however a friend who lives closer to the exchange is showing possible availability Dec 31st.
Its all to do with when the cabinet you are connected to is upgraded.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi minimos,
Our systems use the BT Availability Checker to check for broadband availability and when I put your number in here it doesn't show a fibre date. The only thing I can think is that you are connected directly to the exchange, in which case fibre won't be available as it's only provided from the cabinet.
Jojo Smiley
minimos
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the replies everyone.
I don't think BT have made the made the fibre box active yet (I still see the odd BT Openreach barriers around freshly dug holes now and again when walking the dog), so it is WIP.
It has been about a month now though so I I'm sure it will be active soon.  I just thought service providers might have been provided with more detailed cabinet level information from BT than they make available to Joe public through their checker, so it can be marketed more directly.
Never mind I'll just keep on waiting and checking the BT wholesale service checker for when it finally goes active (My guess will be Jan 2012).  The exchange I am connected to was one of the first batch to be enabled in the country, but the roll out to cabs did not reach my estate (when I had an ASDL fault last year the engineer said the fibre roll-out had stopped 1 cabinet down the road).  At least it looks like they will be enabling me soon which I should be grateful for, as earlier in the year there was a news report on the PC Pro website about BT not going back to finish off the FTTC roll out to all cabs in areas that already enabled exchanges. 
I'll keep on waiting ...
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Hi minimos try this http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .