cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Routers and XBOX LIve

Jamaxx
Dabbler

Fibre Routers and XBOX LIve

Anyone on Fibre (which I will be on the 11th  YAY!!) and using the new router with XBOX Live?
Had major issues with the current Thompson and had to put my XBOX outside the DMZ in order to get an open NAT. All very well but it means I then can't stream from my PC without bringing it back in behind the firewall.
With all the lovely 'n' speed data flying around my house it will be a real shame if I can't stream and have an open NAT at the same time.
Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Fibre Routers and XBOX LIve

I've not used the 582n on my own fibre connection, but I know others here who have and they've not reported any problems with XBox Live.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Jamaxx
Dabbler

I thought Fibre customers got the Netgear N150 or has this changed?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's changed, we're now sending out the Technicolor 582n. Don't worry though, the feedback from that router has been far more positive than negative.
Jamaxx
Dabbler

Ok good to know.
So, anyone who actually uses this router with XBL?
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

although I don't have fibre I do use a TG582n and use XBL, I've honestly not had any issues. The most difficulty I've experienced was setting up WMC to stream video and audio from my desktop machine, if I remember rightly a straight DMZ was the solution I went for there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jamaxx
Dabbler

Already on DMZ mate, was hoping to be able to keep it within the firewall so I can try and get both an open NAT and streaming.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure why you'd need to keep an xbox behind a firewall to be honest - not heard of any network exploits but then I've probably opened a can of worms there. Does it not have open NAT and allow streaming when it's in the DMZ? That's how I have mine set up and it works fine, though granted that's on a D-Link running dd-wrt.
Jamaxx
Dabbler

No problem leaving it outside the DMZ to give me an open NAT, but when I try and stream it isn't recognised on the network, assume its a router thing which is why I'm hoping my new one will be better!