Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Question

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Fibre Question

Evening all
Any reason why i cannot get fibre broadband at my home address but my old man can?
He's 100m up the road from me!
6 REPLIES 6
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: Fibre Question

Probably on a different cabinet which has been upgraded. Or you might be on a totally different exchange!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mrmarkus1981,
I've checked for you and FTTC is showing as unavailable on our systems. I've emailed our suppliers to have them investigate this further for me but there's no guarantee they'll be able to provide me with any more information than what's available on our systems.
As buntrob has stated, your father may be connected to a different cabinet/exchange and this is why it's available to him.
I'll pop an update on here once I've had a response from our suppliers.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Thanks Linn
I've since noticed that various streets surrounding mine have been done but i am still waiting. I'm just jealous as i WANT it and cant have it Cheesy
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've had a reply from our suppliers and unfortunately they confirmed my findings earlier that FTTC is not available on your line. They are unable to inform me when this will become available as it's currently not planned.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Sad
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Any news yet?  Undecided
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi.
Sorry to again be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately Openreach have still given us no indication as to when your cabinet will be upgraded to fibre.
Its always worth checking the link below which usually gives a very accurate description of what is available on your line 
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome