cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Profile Incorrect after Install

snattrass

Fibre Profile Incorrect after Install

I trawled the Member Center and Help &Support pages but I couldn't see anywhere I could report my issue  Cry so I'm polluting the forums with another 40/10 profile problem (sorry).
Usual details... I'm a new customer (install on 30th Jan) on Unlimited Fibre with what looks like a 40/10 profile.  Can you let me know how I request a correction to 80/20 or will this post be sufficient?
Thanks,
Simon
17 REPLIES 17
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Profile Incorrect after Install

Hi Simon,
Looks like you've got the general jist of the issue that we had......I've placed a modify order to move you over to the correct product, this will complete on Monday for you.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
ri4z

Hi Chris,
I've just sent you a pm about the same issue as Simon. Appreciate if you address this for me too.
Cheers,
Riaz
windsortg
Grafter

My fibre broadband is getting installed on 1st March. How do I find out if my profile has been set up correctly to 80/20?
ri4z

You do a speed test through the following website:
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
And then run further diagnostics which tells you your IP profile.
snattrass

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Simon,
Looks like you've got the general jist of the issue that we had......I've placed a modify order to move you over to the correct product, this will complete on Monday for you.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris

Cool beans, thanks for the super speedy response Chris, you're doing a cracking job.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ri4z - Your order hasn't yet been marked as complete I'm afraid, so we can't place another order as yet - your best bet would be to either call up this weekend or wait until Monday and we'll pick it up and place the modify (it's a 24 hour order so will be done next working day).
@windsortg - I'm afraid the speed tester won't work until the order is complete, however I can see what it's been placed as - I'm glad to say it's been correctly placed at the 80/20 speeds Smiley
grex
Dabbler

Can you check my order too please. I'm having it installed Monday.
Thank You
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ri4z - I've just placed a modify for you to move you to the faster (and correct) speeds, that should complete tomorrow for you - sorry it was wrong in the first place.
@grex - looks like everything's gone alright with your order there? Please let us know if not or if there's anything we need to do for you.
ri4z

Matt - no changes on my connection, in fact BT wholesale speed test is showing my IP Profile to be worse than before. Previously it was around 35 Mbps dl now it's showing my IP Profile to be 26.58 Mbps
ul profile is still 10 Mbps..
Can you please take a look?
adie:quote
snattrass

Chris,
All looking good from my end - down about 67 and up around 17.  Happy days 🙂
Thanks,
Simon
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ri4z,
Looks like it's only just been picked up that you're on the faster speeds, it should pick up soon - if not I'm afraid the only thing that'll have a chance to fix it is to get a fault raised. You can do that at http://faults.plus.net though hopefully it won't be needed - fingers crossed for you.
windsortg
Grafter

@Matt - thanks for the confirmation Matt. Assuming my broadband gets connected on 1st March, when can I expect to get up and running? Also, my current master socket is in the hallway and my existing router is in my study. I have an ADSL cable running from the master socket to the router. I am assuming a new cable will be run from the master socket to the new fibre router at the time of the installation and I did state this at the time I placed my order. Can you please confirm this?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I guess by that you mean you requested the free extension as part of the install?
If so then yes, though basically the engineer will turn up with a length of cable and an extension socket that you can request is placed anywhere within the range of the wire (I think that's 30 metres so should be plenty for most rooms in the house).
Hope that's the confirmation you needed?
windsortg
Grafter

Thanks Matt. Can you check by my order that the request for the cable extension is there?
Also, with my installation date being 1st March, when can I expect to have my fibre broadband up and running?