cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Line Speed - Below Expected!

xmjsx

Fibre Line Speed - Below Expected!

Hi,
my fibre was installed on 1st March, which will be 4 weeks ago on Friday.
Line speed is estimated at 40 Mbps (see attachment), and I did initially sync at this rate. However I'm now synced at 34.8
I think this might be because I was having problems with wi-fi performance on the (not so great) Technicolor router, so I did reset the modem and router (off and on again) a few times during the initial ten days, and after that. Now I've sorted my wi-fi problems (via a new Airport Express router) I'd like to force the modem to get a new (faster) IP Profile closer to the 40 Mbps it was. I think in resettin g the modem I've made it look like the connection was unstable when really it was OK!
Can someone at Plusnet help me to get a better sync rate?!
Cheers!
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre Line Speed - Below Expected!

Hi xmjsx,
Welcome to our community forums,
I've checked over your connection and there's nothing that is restricting your speeds.
I've made a few changes to your account although this will not complete until tomorrow to see if that helps.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
xmjsx

Thanks Chris.
I'll leave it until tomorrow evening and report back to see if I'm going any faster. I should say, I'm very pleased with the service - but also I want to get maximum "bang for buck" on the fibre package!
You always hear of people saying that you shouldn't reset the modem on "always on" connections because it looks like a dropped connection. I thought my meddling might have been making the connection look unstable.
xmjsx

Chris whatever you did worked!
I'm now getting 38.6 Mbps which is much closer to the estimated 40, so I'm happy  Grin
Thanks again!
apjashley1
Grafter

Is the AirPort connected straight to your modem (i.e. no Technicolor router in sight?)
xmjsx

yes it is. All I had to do was put in my "@plusdsl.net" username & password on the Airport Express and it works perfectly!
I won't miss the Technicolor  Roll_eyes