Fibre Extra Install

peterb99
Grafter

Re: Fibre Extra Install - Nightmare

Thanks Matt (and Luke).
LukeAger
Grafter

Morning, I have checked the inbox this morning and are yet to get a reply to confirm this has been done.
We are still pushing to get this resolved with BT as fast as we can. I will continue to chase this up today.
Thanks
peterb99
Grafter

Hi Luke,
Good news, I've just checked on the BT checker and its now showing that I can get fibre, nice one.
Will you be able to put the order in today?  I've got two weeks until my Virgin Media goes off.
Thanks again,
Pete
LukeAger
Grafter

Thanks for your time on the phone today,
We are yet to receive an update from our suppliers however I have placed an order against you line to activate fibre for the soonest date possible.
Based on the number now being recognised on BT's fibre checker I anticipate that this should now be successful however this will take a few hours to be confirmed as either, committed or otherwise.  Once I get an update on the order I will call you again and let you know A) If your order has been successful and the changes have indeed been made by BT already. and B) When the instal date is(I have requested the soonest possible given the delays already faced)
There is of course a chance the order may not be successful as we have not heard back from BT yet with the "go ahead". I did mention this today on the phone but non the less we will keep you updated with the progress of your order.
I will call you again later today.
Thanks
LukeAger
Grafter

Quote from: LukeAger
A) If your order has been successful and the changes have indeed been made by BT already.

The order has been accepted by our suppliers and your number has been updated to show it is now FTTC ready.
Quote from: LukeAger
B) When the instal date is(I have requested the soonest possible given the delays already faced)

Following another call with you this afternoon I can confirm BT can call out on the 6th December between 8am and 1pm to complete your Fibre instal.
I have added a ticket to your account which you should be able to view(Ticket: 62796651 ), this contains your order number and confirmation of the appointment.
I will keep an eye on this order until the 6th to make sure all goes as planned, In the meantime if you have any more questions feel free to give me a shout.
LukeAger
Grafter

Just to give you an update. I have been keeping an eye on this for you and the order is still showing as confirmed for 06/12/2012 between 8am and 1pm.  Looks like all is progressing well.  Smiley
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks Luke, hopefully everything will be fine tomorrow.
Pete
peterb99
Grafter

Re: Fibre Extra Install

Just to mention - I haven't received the router yet. I thought it would probably come in today's post but it hasn't.
Is it sent via the Royal Mail or is it via a courier?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It should come by Royal Mail - sorry it's not arrived yet, hope it's there in time.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Post to where I am in Dorset can be a bit slow. I requested a router yesterday morning, it was delivered by the postie 20 minutes ago (and contrary to what's said it wouldn't fit through what is a pretty standard letter box).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LukeAger
Grafter

Quote from: peterb99
Just to mention - I haven't received the router yet. I thought it would probably come in today's post but it hasn't.
Is it sent via the Royal Mail or is it via a courier?

Oh dear. As Mat says, Its on its way to you. If you could let us knows how the instal goes today and if the router has turned up in time once your post man visits that would be great!. If the router does not arrive, the engineer should still be able to instal the fibre modem and then all you would need to do is connect your router when it arrives.
Thanks
peterb99
Grafter

Hi,
The BT OR engineer arrived this morning at 8.02am, very prompt and a nice guy.
He went out to the cabinet and came back about 30 minutes later. Fortunately I have a TP-Link router (TL-WR1043ND) so I set that up with a PPPoE connection before he came.
As soon as he plugged in the cat 5 to the TP-link it connected straight away so that's good. He said it is one of the fastest installs he'd ever done.
The only thing is, it is only connecting at 39Mb down and 10Mb up. Am I only set to normal fibre and not the extra fibre? (40Mb/10Mb instead of 80Mb/20Mb). Can anyone check that for me?
Pete
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad to hear that went to plan.
According to your account info the estimated downstream is 53mb with a 15mb upstream.
You should notice some improvement with this over the next week or so but definitely keep us posted as to how that goes.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks everyone for your help, it is appreciated. Far better customer service than most other companies and cheaper.
I've received a text this morning saying my router has been dispatched  Grin I had a feeling it maybe hadn't been sent before but totally understand as its probably because I cancelled and had problems with the line checker.
One other thing, I paid up front for a new line install but it turned out I already had a line. I was told on the phone that it would be refunded (£49.99) but is hasn't been yet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry about that, just refunded it for you now - it should be back on your credit card next week.