Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Extra Install

peterb99
Grafter

Fibre Extra Install

Hi all,
I've signed up for fibre extra and phone, there was a problem with my phone line but that's been fixed by BT OR today and is now working fine.
The broadband order is still showing that there is a problem with my line that is holding up the order.  Does anyone know how long it will be before it gets past that?
My install date was monday but I guess that won't go ahead.
Thanks
Pete
30 REPLIES 30
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre Extra Install

I suggest giving the CSC a call (0800 432 0200) to check the status of your order. The Digital Care Team staff who respond in the forums work normal weekday hours so might not see your post until Monday.
David
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks for that.
I have phoned customer services and been on for over 50 minutes.
They are now advising me that my exchange has not been fibre enabled!  I know that my exchange has been enabled, I know that my local cabinet has been enabled.
If I put my phone number into the BT checker it says fibre is not installed at my exchange - and it is also saying that I can only get 1Mb download for normal ADSL. I know that when I had BT a few years back on this exact line that I used to get 4Mb.
It seems as if the new phone number they have given me is not correctly registered to my address.
Got nowhere on the phone, really really disappointed and feel incredibly let down - I cancelled my Virgin Media and everything as according to Plus Net I could definitely get fibre.  The customer services person said I could still have ADSL and just wait while fibre became available - thanks a lot, like I'm really going to move from Virgin 60Mb to 1Mb. 
Can anyone help me?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre Extra Install - Nightmare

Hi there,
If that's the case then it'd be a matter of our suppliers updating their systems with the relevant information - until that happens I'm afraid we're unable to order fibre for you, and I'm very sorry if we told you that fibre was available. It shouldn't be too long if all the equipment is already in, but as we order through the same systems that need updating I'm afraid we're stuck as things are.
If it's not that then it may be down to the number updating, though again we'd need to check on the records for that number and ensure it's all correct - we'd be happy to do that for you but it looks like you've now cancelled.
I'm very sorry for how all this turned out.
peterb99
Grafter

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Of course I have cancelled, what choice did I have?, 1Mb broadband is no use at all, I can't afford to pay for the phone line and just sit in hope that someone fixes the database. Don't forget I'd had to wait 50 minutes on the phone to be told this (which made me late for work).
It really has been a big waste of my time.  If I hadn't phoned this morning I'd still be waiting,
I've checked all the houses in my street and 2 neighbour streets and everyone can get fibre. I find it highly unlikely that there is only me who can't.
I'm going to look such an idiot when I have to phone Virgin and ask them to re-connect me after telling them that Plusnet offered much more - proper customer care and a lot faster upload speed.
Pete
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Obviously it's your choice as to the best way forward for you, but from reading what's been posted here I suspect the problem is that the phone records in the database still point to wherever the number was allocated previously and that address can't yet get fibre.
It would be up to Plusnet to get this sorted out and they seem willing to do that given the chance. Are you willing to give them that chance? Don't see why you shouldn't set a deadline for doing that.
The reason why you were given different information originally is perhaps that the check was based on your address rather than phone number since that was not via a BT Openreach service at the time.
David
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks for your reply Spraxyt.
I would be happy with what you have suggested, how about it Plusnet - I'm quite willing to give you a chance to resolve it.
I would have been happy for this to be done when I spoke on the phone but was told there was nothing more that could be done and I'd have to contact BT (I thought that BT Open Reach didn't talk directly to customers and you have to go through a reseller).
Pete
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think that Plusnet comment was probably based on the assumption that your exchange and/or cabinet weren't enabled for fibre - because that's what the computer said. In these circumstances one can email Openreach - see link in post here - to enquire when the fibre service will be available.
However based on your comments I'm assuming it is already available and the information from the computer is wrong because the phone number entries in the database are incorrect. If that is the case getting them corrected should fix the problem making it possible to place an order.
I think you would probably have to cancel the cancellation (hope that makes sense) to enable Plusnet to follow this up but hopefully the Digital Care Team can advise on what's needed tomorrow.
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, thanks very much indeed - I've asked one of our Customer Options team to sort this all out for you and will reactivate the account now, we'll be in touch later today with more information about what's happening with your line (and the all important update).
Once again, thanks a lot for sticking with us Smiley
LukeAger
Grafter

Hi peterb99
I am currently investigating this and will update you shortly once i know more.
Thanks
LukeAger
Grafter

Quote from: peterb99
 I know that my exchange has been enabled, I know that my local cabinet has been enabled.

This looks to be correct. We checked these details when you placed your order and both the exchange and cab looked fine which is why we let your order progress.
It wasn't until we tried to place the Fibre order through BT when we encountered a problem.

Quote from: peterb99
It seems as if the new phone number they have given me is not correctly registered to my address.

Almost, It looks like although you are in the right area to get Fibre, (and your address is correct with us and BT) your cab and exchange are all ready to go, Your actual telephone number is not listed as being Fibre ready by our suppliers. Which is why the order has been unable to be placed.
I have emailed(and called) our suppliers and asked for this to be updated at their end so that the Fibre orders on your phone number do not continue to be rejected. I will update you once I receive more information regarding this.
Thanks for your patience.
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks for your help so far guys.
Hopefully we're getting somewhere.
LukeAger
Grafter

Once I have confirmation that BT have made the relevant changes I will give you a call to let you know. I am not entirely sure how long this will take them, however I will chase them for an update tomorrow If I have no reply before then.
peterb99
Grafter

Hi,
Is there any update?
Thanks
Peter
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Peter,
I know Luke is still chasing this, unfortunately there's no information come back as yet but we'll keep on at it for you.