cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Engineer didn't turn up for arranged appointment!

mattmorgans

Fibre Engineer didn't turn up for arranged appointment!

Anybody else have the same issue?
I ordered fibre broadband for my home two weeks ago and received within hours a text to confirm a date and a follow up email to reconfirm. Install date was for today (03/07/2013) between 8am and 1pm. By 2pm no sign of engineer and I called Plusnet Support to advise them and try and get a time when the engineer was likely to arrive as he didn't want to spend the whole day waiting!!! No response from Plusnet by 4.30pm so called again to be told no feedback and unlikely to get anything until tomorrow. My gripe is why if I got a text and email to confirm the install date could I not get a text/email to say engineer delayed or cancelled rather than wasting a whole day waiting?I'm guessing I will now get another install date.....so will have to spend another half day/whole day at home waiting!!!!  Half inclined to send a bill to Plusnet for wasting my time
Anyone from Plusnet like to comment or maybe even help out....god forbid!!
9 REPLIES 9
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Fibre Engineer didn't turn up for arranged appointment!

It's not the fault of Plusnet, it's due to the appalling service from BTOR. Sadly, as the first point of contact, it's the poor Plusnet staff who get it in the neck.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tijara33
It's not the fault of Plusnet

I beg to differ. PlusNet are who you're dealing with and if they managed their suppliers properly this wouldn't happen.
It's PlusNets responsibility.
It's down to PlusNet to communicate with you and they should be proactive in managing such situations, not to mention demanding improvements in communications and performance from their subcontractors.
This has been raised many times and there's no visible evidence of any efforts to change.  Cry
buseng12
Grafter

There is another thread in this section saying that BTOR are being "looked into" for that very reason amongst others.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116286.0.html
RickK
Grafter

Hi all!
In all honesty it is not just PlusNet's issue but pretty much anyone that relies on OpenReach at the moment, I had a engineer visit this morning finally after 1 week of no broadband, don't worry I am currently still with BT, so it was not a PlusNet issue, but from my understanding all BT/PN can do is contact OpenReach on chat or phone and they have issues all over the place at the moment. The engineer said there are at least 1 month wait on new installation because there are quite a few fault.
I am not sticking up for PN as they should in all honesty get back to you if you called up to say the appointment has not been met, but the root cause of the issue in would be OpenReach.
I would call PN and ask for your case to be escalated if possible.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

PlusNet are who you're dealing with and if they managed their suppliers properly this wouldn't happen.

The supplier is BTOR who until now has been a law onto themsleves. At long last Ofcom have extracted a digit & are going to investigate BTOR's operations. BTOR don't report back to Plusnet about missed calls until very late in the day so until then PN cannot provide any feedback to their customer.
Therefore it's NOT Plusnet's responsibility!!!!!!!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Of course it is. You're not dealing with OR directly, they are sub-contractors to PN.
PN (and other ISP's) could take more constructive action about these shortcomings. They appear not to.  Cry
mattmorgans

I 100% agree with HPsauce, my contract is with Plusnet not BT Openreach. I know BTOR are a shambles as I'm currently managing a project delivering a WAN & LAN for one of the large mobile telecoms companies in the UK. The contract is with Virgin Media but they have to rely on BTOR for their offnet circuits and in several cases we've waited months for BTOR to deliver!
My gripe is with the lack of communications as I know that things don't always go to plan but if between Plusnet and BTOR they could communicate better, and we all know it's good to talk!! Then I wouldn't have waited around all day!!
These companies are quite happy to charge £25-50 for an installation so I think I deserve a refund or recompense for non delivery of a service on an agreed date and time. My wasted day has cost me ten times that in loss of earnings. If I miss a dentist appointment the dentist will still charge me for the visit!!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

OR are giving two fingers to all ISPs at the moment because they know that there is absolutely no alternative supplier for the last mile. It doesn't matter how stroppy the ISP gets with them they don't change because the ISP can't take the business away from them.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It doesn't matter how stroppy the ISP gets with them they don't change because the ISP can't take the business away from them.
That is the crux of the problem, and it's getting worse with Fibre!. OR involvement with conventional ADSL provisioning is miniscule, just a bit of jumpering in the local exchange, with Fibre they have to go out to the cabinet and then go to the customers premises to install the modem. Much more effort involved and they don't seem to have geared up for it. Yes they've got some contractors involved but, from what we hear, that in many cases just seems to bring more involvement from 'real' OR staff in post installation fault fixing!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.