cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband down since Friday and no progress from Plusnet

jetplan

Fibre Broadband down since Friday and no progress from Plusnet

My fibre broadband died on Friday night ( DSL light on fibre modem off ).
Reported problem immediately to PN who stated it was not an internal problem and was likely a BT Openreach issue.  Took them till Tuesday to update ticket and ask if modem was powered on which I immediately replied to in the affirmative.
Attempts to progressin the meantime via phone/email/ticket proved fruitless. Ticket is still at same state as it was on Tuesday when I last updated it.
As I am a home based IT worker this is a complete nightmare.  I've been with PN years and have recommended them to numerous people but this level of service is a joke. 
Why can 't someone at PN just arrange for an Openreach engineer to come out if they know it is not an internal PN problem ?
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre Broadband down since Friday and no progress from Plusnet

Hi jetplan,
I've just taken a look at the ticket for you and can see that that one of my colleagues has asked you if your modem was switched on. I can see that you've replied to answer that question fully. It generally takes 48-72 hours to pick up a ticket once you have responded to us. I have given one of the guys working those tickets to get this picked up for you, so you should have an update shortly.
Just out of interest and for some feedback, is there any other way you'd have preferred this fault to have been handled?
jetplan

Thanks for the reply.
With regards to your question, I would have hoped that PN would have arranged for an Openreach engineer to attend immediately after I opened the ticket and PN found the issue was not within PN and confirmed the status of my equipment.
The support person stated that if the problem turned out to be my fault that Openreach would bill me and I stated this was OK since I had changed nothing and the equipment was as fitted by BT.
So 6 days later as far as I am aware no appointment with Openreach has been booked and I have had to commute to a client site in order to work. 
Some kind of SLA should be in place to fix faults and taking upto 72 hours to respond to ticket updates is a joke since I imagine many tickets could involve multiple contacts meaning a fault could last for weeks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for your feedback, I will pass this on to the Faults Managers tomorrow and we'll discuss this case so we can improve the way that we deal with faults such as these in the future.
Peter is just taking a look at the ticket now so you should have an update very shortly.
jetplan

BT OR Engineer just been.  He replaced the openreach modem and all working well now.
Thanks for getting this sorted but can steps be taken to ensure such faults do not require 6 days and repeated phonecalls, ticket updates and forum posts to get a BT Openreach Engineer booked ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'll certainly make a note of your Ticket ID and I'll go through it with the Faults Team Managers later today and see what we can do to improve the way we handle such faults.
I'd like to thank you for your feedback, it really does help.
Glad to see things have been sorted now. Please let me know if there is anything further I can help with.