cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Speed Low

cheetla

Fibre Broadband Speed Low

Had Fibre installed this morning (second attempt) but the download speed is only at about 6mb. Upload speed is 15mb. I know that it takes a while for the speed to settle but surely I should be getting more than this. I'm not expecting to achieve 76mb but I do expect a lot more than 6mb.
Can someone confirm if this is normal for newly installed fibre and that the speeds will increase significantly in the vert near future. Or do I have a problem?
Thanks

Just checked my high speed broadband info in connection settings and it records that my current line speed is 7.15 Mb but my estimated speed is 75mb. I should be on the 76mb unlimited package so I'm assuming that my settings are not correct.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre Broadband Speed Low

Hi cheetla,
I've just made some changes to your Speed Profile set on our system. Can you restart your Technicolor Router and see if that's improved things for you?
cheetla

Thanks Chris,
Line speed is now 78mb and all seems ok.
I keep checking the download speed on P/N speed checker but it still comes out at about 7 - 8mb. I then used the BTW performance test and download speed shows 65mb.
Is this a problem?
Web browsing doesn't seem any faster than when the download speed was 6mb.
Many thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
You probably won't notice much of a difference in speeds whilst web browsing to be honest, it's more downloading and streaming that you'll really notice a difference.
The speed test that we have on our website isn't working correctly at the moment - there should be a note on it to advise of this.
cheetla

Thanks for the help.
Downloads speeds are now superfast - updated Itunes earlier and it completed in seconds rather than the usual 2 minutes. So all seems well.
Cheers