cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Not What it Was!

FIXED
hogsface

Fibre Broadband Not What it Was!

Hi guys, been reading a lot on forums about banding and I am hoping someone can check my account please and remove banding if it is in place.

I've had FTTC broadband from a number of suppliers and its always been around 40MB between the router and the cabinet.

However since been with Plusnet and a cabling issue I had around 5 or 6 months I've been stubbornly stuck on less than 30MB to the router.

Checking my neighbouring addresses potential speeds they all come up with 36MB and yet I'm getting almost 10MB less with maximum stated speed of 27MB.

I note on my account the line speed says 40MB.

So I'm wondering if banding has come into play for a past fault and never been removed?

4 REPLIES 4
hogsface

Re: Fibre Broadband Not What it Was!

Any chance a staffer could reply to me on this please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Fix

Hi there,

Really sorry for the delay, we're pretty busy atm. I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing any issues. 

I've done a DLM reset for you, which should go through and hopefully increase your speeds within 24 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hogsface

Hi Gandalf, i've noticed about a 7mb increase on the download. So i'll take that! Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Nice! Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet