Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Availability

HughA
Grafter

Fibre Availability

Hi
I am very keen to switch to fibre and my exchange (Welwyn Garden City) has been enabled.  Unfortunately none of the availability checkers give any indication of when (or if ever) my cabinet will be converted .  Is anyone at Plusnet able to get any information for me?  I understand that ISPs have access to data not available to the general public.  Any new information will be greatly appreciated.
HughA
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre Availability

Just done some checking, I can tell you you're on Cabinet number 50 but also unfortunately that this isn't on any of the fibre rollout plans as yet.
HughA
Grafter

Thanks Matt.
I guess I shall have to consider a move to Virgin cable to get a decent speed then.  A pity as I doubt I will get such good customer service!
HughA
prichardson
Grafter

Hi HughA,
Ensure you register your interest, so Openreach are aware of demand at your cabinet.
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx
Trevor
Grafter

Phil, I'm also eagerly awaiting FTTC. Given that 'my' cabinet (P14 New Milton) is, I believe, already listed for September 2012, is there anything to be gained by completing the Registration of Interest form?
whitby2011

I am on PCP 9 at the Sheringhan exchange the fiber cabinet is installed but checker says I cannot get fiber. Could PN forum advisers indicate any possible live date for my cabinet. Many thanks
prichardson
Grafter

Morning all,
It appears the data we have used to check the ready for service status and dates has been changed. As such, we are going to do some further digging for all.
Right now, we can only see CABs that are already enabled, not those with tentative dates. So the original response that there is no date for HughA may be incorrect (please don't take this that is incorrect just yet though).
I wont repeat the reasons my colleague suspect this has occurred Wink
I am looking into what alternate sources of data are available though.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Trevor
Given that 'my' cabinet (P14 New Milton) is, I believe, already listed for September 2012, is there anything to be gained by completing the Registration of Interest form?

Maybe not ... but I wouldn't think there's anything to lose by doing so.
David
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Whitby2011 and Trevor,
Checks now confirm that both your lines show the end of September. As this is the end of a quarter, these are very tentative dates and most likely will change.
HiughA,
I can confirm that the original detail related to your CAB does stand, and there is nothing scheduled for this.