cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber interleaving

HaydnExport
Grafter

Fiber interleaving

I have had interleaving on my fiber line since the 20th of may , it kicked in automatically at 3am.  Having had it on a couple of times previous due to the storms earlier in the year , it took around 2 weeks to be switched of again, so is there any reason it has stayed on my line for over 2 months?  As a keen gamer i am quite disappointed to have it still on.
9 REPLIES 9
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Fiber interleaving

I'm guessing DLM still thinks interleaving needs to be on sadly there is nothing that can be done i'm afraid you have to wait and see if DLM changes that,  I've been waiting over two months now for DLM to return my full speed to me after a line fault and it's done nothing even though every thing is good for it to do so, I hate the damn thing but hey we are stuck with it.
xreyuk
Grafter

DLM is a lot more cautious taking things off compared to putting them on.
I've seen users on Kitz say it takes up to 3 months to come off. I've had it on my line since installation around 2 months ago, but have had a really low error rate since (low enough to take it off) but I'm yet to see it even REDUCE, let alone come off.
Nothing you can do unfortunately!
HaydnExport
Grafter

any chance one of the plusnet staff can look at my line stats and see if there is a reason that interleaving is still on my connection please? Cheesy
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HaydnExport,
I'll take a look at this for you however I'm having problems tracking down your account so if you could drop me a DM with your username I should be able to look at this for you.
HaydnExport
Grafter

hi Adam , i dm'ed you the other day with my new account name. Cool
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi HaydnExport,
Apologies for not picking up on this for you sooner.
I've just run through a few checks of your line and everything seems fine however I can see that the lowest level of interleaving is in place on the downstream. It looks like this was applied by the DLM so I we'll have to wait for this to deem the line stable enough to remove the interleaving.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Like i said it's been on since 20th may !! Thats 3 months now, how stable does my line have to be?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand that this can be frustrating however we have no way tro remotely request that this be reset at the moment. BT are working on a tool for this with input from ourselves and other providers but I'm afraid that the only way this is manually reset would be as part of resolving a fault.
I would hope that this would rectify itself soon however only time will tell.