cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber in my area

paqize
Grafter

Fiber in my area

I noticed fiber broadband is available in my area but i cannot find any isp, i dotn think plusnet is ready to provide fiber in ym area! i think i need fiber soon!!  Crazy
9 REPLIES 9
NeilByMouth
Grafter

Re: Fiber in my area

http://www.plus.net/fibre-broadband/?source=mainNav
you can check on there if fibre is in your area. I think if the exchange is fibre enabled then plusnet offer it
paqize
Grafter

yes, i already checked and it is but for some reason i cant get it! i contacted sky about it and what i can get is the same pile of crap i have now with plsnet!!!!!!!
x47c
Grafter

Even if your exchange has been enabled for fibre (FTTC), the cabinet that feeds your individual property has to be upgraded to FTTC and the fibre twin installed alongside it.
It may be that your cabinet is not being upgraded.
This may be due to it be non-economically viable.
Or there may no cabinet as you are on an exchange only direct fed line -so cannot have FTTC fibre
Or it may be simply that your cabinet has not been done yet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Keep an eye on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately fibre isn't available in your area yet, as Strat mentioned, keep an eye on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and this will keep you up-to-date regarding when fibre is available.
Chris
anniesboy
Rising Star

The wait can be longish, the exchange that I am on was enabled in January.
Unfortunately Im still waiting for "my" cabinet to be connected.
prichardson
Grafter

Checking the information available, we can see the following CABs being activated in your area.
1-3, 17, 20-21, 28-29, 35-36, 41, 44, 50, 60, 70, 92
All of these are already enabled and taking orders. Your CAB does not have any dates associated with it and unfortunately, we are not provided with data unless reasonably firm dates exist for a cabinet now.
paqize
Grafter

i need it very badly! it does not make much sence to say it is available and not being able to get it!
im 100% sure i can see my exchange below!
Acton, Addiscombe, Albert Dock, Balham, Barking, Barnet, Battersea, Bayswater, Beckenham, Beulah Hill, Bexleyheath, Bowes Park, Brixton, Bromley, Canonbury, Catford, Chessington, Chingford, Chislehurst, Chiswick, Clapton, Clerkenwell, Colindale, Cricklewood, Crouch End, Croydon, Dagenham, Deptford, Dulwich, Ealing, Edgware, Edmonton, Eltham, Enfield, Feltham, Finchley, Forest.Hill, Fulham, Gants Hill, Golders Green, Goodmayes, Greenford, Greenwich, Grove Park, Hackney, Hammersmith, Hampstead, Harlesden, Harrow, Hatch End, Hayes, Hayes Common, Hendon, Highams Park, Hornchurch, Hounslow, Ilford Central, Ilford North, Ingrebourne, Isleworth, Kensal Green, Kentish Town, Kenton Road, Kidbrooke, Kingsbury, Kingsland Green, Kingston, Kneller Hall, Lee Green, Leytonstone, Lords, Lower Holloway, Maida Vale, Malden, Merton Park, Mile End, Mill Hill, Mitcham, Mortlake, Muswell Hill, New Cross, New Southgate, Nine Elms, Norbury, North Cheam, North Edgware, North Finchley, Northolt, North Paddington, North Wembley, Northwood, Orpington, Palmers Green, Parsons Green, Perivale, Pimlico, Pinner, Ponders End, Poplar, Primrose Hill, Purley, Putney, Richmond Kew, Romford, Ruislip, Rushey Green, Sanderstead, Shoreditch, Sidcup, Skyport, Slade Green, Southall, South Clapham, South Harrow, Stamford Hill, Stanmore, Stratford, Streatham, Surbiton, Sutton Cheam, Sydenham, Teddington, Thamesmead, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Tulse Hill, Twickenham, Upminster, Upper Holloway, Upton Park, Uxbridge, Vauxhall, Wallington, Walthamstow, Walworth, Wandsworth, Wanstead, Wembley, West.Drayton, West.Wickham, Willesden, Wimbledon, Winchmore Hill, Woodford, Woolwich, Worcester Park.

so why cant i get it? oh right i need them special star trek wires for it to be fast like the speed of light and all that!!!!!!!!!!!!
x47c
Grafter

As well as the exchange being upgraded the street cabinet have to be upgraded.
The local street cabinet that feeds your property and the immediate surrounding area may not be in the plan to be upgraded.
It might either not be in the plan - end of story - or it might be penciled in the plan for upgrading at a later stage.
Couple of reasons might be:
It is not economically viable.
There may be severe difficulties in getting fibre out to the cabinet, blocked ducts, private land whatever the list is endless.
Your property may on the otherhand be on a direct line to the exchange and so have no cabinet and these lines cannot have FTTC fibre supply