cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber broadband router needed?

ylzblt

Fiber broadband router needed?

Hi All,
Our fiber installation will be completed today, on the contract it mentions we do not need to have a new router and we can use the old one which was not for fiber int.
Could you please confirm if that would work for both?
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fiber broadband router needed?

Hi ylzblt,
I'm very sorry to hear you were informed that you didn't need to have a new router. When you are taking out FTTC and you previously had ADSL broadband you will need a FTTC enabled router which the ADSL one is not.
I have dispatched an FTTC router to arrive tomorrow before 1pm so it unfortunately won't have arrived in time for the engineer's arrival. The engineer should still carry out all the work required without the need of the router being present. The engineer should be able to get you connected via PPPoE but if you require any further assistance our Technical Support team will be able to help if you call us on 0800 432 0200.
ylzblt

Hi Linn,
Many thanks for the response, I was on the phone with Plusnet at the same time..they also confirmed that router is sent today.
Hopefully will arrive tomorrow and we will complete the set up.
Thansk again,
Yeliz
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Yeliz,
I'm aware Smiley I contacted the advisor that you spoke with to let them know what I had done because they were about to process another router for you! Smiley
Glad I could get that sorted for you though and fingers crossed for tomorrow! If there are any issues don't hesitate to let us know!