cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with inconsistent speed

kathieH

Fed up with inconsistent speed

I have been plagued with slow download speeds for some time. Feeling increasingly frustrated with Plusnet.  The only way I can usually get things moving is to get the Plusnet page up -  for some strange reason this often seems to kickstart things into working.  Often the loading symbol rotates very slowly for ages and then suddenly speeds up.  I am paying a lot of money for fibre optic broadband which is disappointingly slow. I am no expert and have no idea ow to resolve the problem.  I spent some time discussing this with customer support sometime ago but nothing has improved. The test suggested is impossible for me to do as my computer is not close enough to my router.  I have a powerline adaptor connecting router and computer but even this is not helping.  When the engineer set up the system I could use the internet without a powerline but in the last few months it is impossible to get any internet without the powerline. Things vary from day to day, hour to hour and minute to minute - a total lack of consistency. Help!
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fed up with inconsistent speed

Hi there,
Welcome to the community forum and sorry to hear about the problem with your fibre connection.
I've checked your account details and can't see any obvious reason for this issue so I'm going to advise raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net
As part of that process you'll be asked to connect to the router directly over an ethernet connection, as you're using powerline adaptors instead that's effectively the same for the purpose of the test.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team