Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Slow speed also

rachgain
Grafter

Re: Fed up with Slow speed also

Hi Jojo
speed dropped a little to 3.2 Megs, I have new computer, router, BT box, wondering how it looks from down there. I do have router stats so wonder if it's worth running it? (This was the start of the downward spiral last week want to try to keep it up not down)
cheers
Callum
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Cal,
For some reason the speed is slowly decreasing and the SNR is increasing. Are you in the test socket. How have you got your setup connected?
Jojo Smiley
rachgain
Grafter

Sorry Jojo been busy.
Setup is Wireless to the computer from a Netgear 834G V4 plugged into microfilter (ADSL Nation) into a single socket faceplate installed by BTO on his last call. On the phone leg have doubler to Normal BT phone and on the other side
DECT phones. There are no extensions on the ADSL i.e. direct to the Test socket from the faceplate. We recall unpugging the faceplate and plugging into the test socket seemed to make a difference in the past but it naver stayed fixed.
I think the guys are wondering the spikes a 3am and 7am on a Sunday, now how would I know! Still sleeping. This has always been the problem. One woners would double filtering help...(I know it's frowned on but Old Jim I think has other experience or correspondence)  Will be out tomorrow  thanks Callum 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rachgain,
If you can plug into the test socket I can see whether it makes any difference.
Jojo Smiley
rachgain
Grafter

Hi Jojo
The help team on the tickets don't suggest it so I'm going to leave as is at the moment, as all is brand new it shouldn't make any difference at all, should it, direct into master socket or into the test socket, if there are no extensions? cheers C
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rachgain,
I've seen numerous occasions where the faceplate can cause a massive drop in sync rate. Believe me, it's worth trying.
Jojo Smiley
rachgain
Grafter

Dear Jojo
after 3 visits from boost engineers the fault is traced to between the cabinet and the exchange. Keep fingers crossed that it is truly so. Certainly Plusnet pulled out all the stops latterly. Cheers Cal
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Cal,
Thanks for keeping us informed. Let me know how it goes.
Jojo Smiley