cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of this appalling yoyo broadband!

mattprince
Grafter

Fed up of this appalling yoyo broadband!

This is just ridiculous! There hasn't been a single day that ive had a connection that has been stable. Promised 47mb , then 38mb on install, then dropped to 32mb , NEVER get 32mb as it hovers between 20 and 20mb and most evenings its below 10 , currently between 4 and 8mb according to bt wholesale test. Trying to watch youtube and its like im back in the dark ages.
Are plusnet going to practise what they preach and be HONEST about why people are being hit every bloody evening??? This is just embarrassing. Im trying to watch youtube or watch something on apple tv and its totally useless.
This broadband is not fit for the purpose!!!
jim:red All caps in title removed in accordance with the Forum Rules http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html mod:end
41 REPLIES 41
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: FED UP OF THIS APPALLING YOYO BROADBAND!

Oxslow
Grafter

Re: FED UP OF THIS APPALLING YOYO BROADBAND!

mattprince
Grafter

Re: Fed up of this appalling yoyo broadband!

This is jst ridiculous. We always have a film night with the kids on the apple tv every Friday and tonight has been well an truly RUINED!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you read any of the information in the thread linked you'd understand the problem and have hopped gateway.
see http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1362056380.htm & http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.528.html
If you see the problem again, hop Gateway and try again.
mattprince
Grafter

This shouldn't have to be done though. I want broadband to just work and not have to jump gateways and so on. If I sit down on a Friday night after a hard week at work and want to watch a film on the apple tv for instance I don't want to have to faff around hopping this and that , and its not guaranteed to work either. The broadband isn't fit for the purpose if you have to do these kind of things.
Anotherone
Champion

Whilst I don't disagree with what you are saying, nor come to that would Plusnet I'm sure, but there is no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face!
mattprince
Grafter

When its fast its blazingly fast but its slow too many times for it to be reliable and that's what I want from broadband. I don't think im being awkward by wanting the thing I paid for.
Anotherone
Champion

You aren't at all. And Plusnet are treating this seriously and quite a few staff are putting in time outside of their normal hours to get to the bottom of the problems. Note, I said problems, because it look as there are at least two issues. One being a hardware one related to the Gateway http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.msg966086.html#msg966086 shows that problem, but the slowdowns and other increases in pings seem to be a separate issue see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.msg965400.html#msg965400.
There is the possibility/probabilty that some (or all) of the general slowdowns may be due to an issue on the BT Backhaul network.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Log into your router and click disconnect, Count upto 30secs then hit connect, this should hopefully sort it out!! Because you have to change gateway. Make sure it doesn't begin with PCL and starts with PTW or something else. Check here at http://usertools.plus.net
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Bright
Grafter

And once you've found a gateway that works OK you may not have to do it again. I've been on Plusnet FTTC for 6 or 7 weeks now and so far I have been affected by this issue for a grand total of 2 hours in that time. So give it a try...  Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for your support Bright
dick:quote
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
flaminmoses
Grafter

do i chance playing the pokerstars million anniversary tomorrow?Huh
imagine getting problems during that
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Hopefully if you disconnect and connect before you play hopefully it will give you a reliable speed!
AzureScorch
Dabbler

It could be worse, you could be with Virgin Media. I had a 4 month long battle trying to get them to sort out my internet (300-1000ms ping + 500ms jitter), they would not reply on the forums so I had to spend hours going around in circles with foreign call centres. I then just got told that they don't guarantee speed (because it's "up to") nor ping. They also don't consider packet loss to be an issue! "The network is over utilized in your area" is like their catchphrase.
What I'm trying to say is it could be much worse. At least Plusnet are acknowledging the problem and respond to forum threads. I'm also having problems with plusnet at the minute on certain gateways, as is everybody.