cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Router connection drops

StephenF
Grafter

Faulty Router connection drops

hi, i recently referred my mother in law here from tiscali and everything was fine so far, the expected disconnects during the stabilization period went on however, the stabilization period has finished and yet they are still being disconnected frequently, even now i have come with my laptop and i cannot connect wirelessly to their router, even though i have no problems connecting to my netgear router at home.
their router is the thompson one you guys sent out, i think thats whats causing the problem now. i set up routers all the time and ive never seen the strange problems they are recieving with this one, struggling to connect (if at all) to the router, certain games not working at all on xbox live, frequent disconnects, having to restart the router every morning.
her username is juliegrinney, it would be great if you could help us out as im really stumped with what the problem is, but my guess would be the router is defected.
Thanks
Steve
11 REPLIES 11
StephenF
Grafter

Re: Faulty Router connection drops

bumpetybump
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its weekend, come back Monday
StephenF
Grafter

thats not my problem
StephenF
Grafter

a furthur update, the problem is definitely a defect router, i just brought around my netgear dg834 and absolutely no problems.
i would appreciate it if you could get a replacement sent out to juliegrinney as soon as possible.
or call her and let her know whats going on, this isnt a good start to her service and she is very (naturally) fustrated.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has a ticket been raised on her account about this?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
StephenF
Grafter

Guys, its monday? can i get a response please.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You haven't given the name of her account nor have you given the number of the ticket raised on her account about this.
The Comms team guys may be good but they're not psychic!
PS Why have you waited until after they normally finish work to post a reminder?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

look at the opening post
her username is juliegrinney, it would be great if you could help us out as im really stumped with what the problem is, but my guess would be the router is defected.[/quote
StephenF
Grafter

ID: 31844900
tbh, im kind of fustrated by this, as posts that have been posted today, after my own have been dealt with my team members, yet mine gets ignored.
i am so dissapointed, i tell everyone how awesome the tech support is at pnet, and how when i first joined i used to get responses in minutes after posting problems on the forum, where the fuck did that tech support go? i feel like im on tiscali again.
its not even a problem that requires much to solve, im just asking that a WORKING router is sent out to a PAYING customer.
ridiculous
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have you used an ethernet cable to confirm that it is just the wireless side that is not working and that the wired connections are not suffering any problems?
StephenF
Grafter

thats correct its mainly the wireless thats the most screwed up, but it also drops connection from the net consistently and needs restarting all the time.
the wireless problem is very bad, as the only thing thats wired in their house is the xbox, all of their computers are wireless.