cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault on Fibre Broadband - 24 Days 4 visits- speed down from 76 to 24

Grimbleweed
Grafter

Fault on Fibre Broadband - 24 Days 4 visits- speed down from 76 to 24

Intermittent fault on Broadband Fibre -  reported last Saturday - Supposed to be actioned by OR or Tuesday - no phone call - had to ring - PN gave me appointment for thgis morning  - 8-2.00 - arranged carer foir my elderly mother who would be in - I cant be as I teach!!
No show - on ringing Plusnet tonight.   OR had cancelled the appointment - why wasn't I told could have saved £ 50 in carer fees.
Not happy.   James Bailey  please help.
30 REPLIES 30
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Re: Fault on Fibre Broadband - and guess what no show from Openreach AGAIN!

By the way I have been with Plusnet since 2002 - some time I believe.
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Also I am only getting 26 down and 5 upload from a service thats advertised to provide up to 76 download.
Nor great either
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Grimbleweed,
Sorry to hear that you had a missed engineer visit, I can see that we've got one booked in for you tomorrow. This has been confirmed and I'll keep an eye on this to make sure nothing changes.
Again apologies for yesterday.
Chris
Grimbleweed
Grafter

OR engineer arrived 8.10am this morning - put trace on line - no extensions indoors so made job easier.
Went off to cabinet.  Said no problems but has used spare pair of wires in cable to give new circuit.
After resetting speed ended up acheiving 47 down and 15 up.
This is much better .
He said the line was syncing and 72meg - not sure why i cant get more than 50 though?
Now lets hope it is stable  - been on for  a few hours now and still ok.
Thank you Plusnet for you kind attention
njay
Grafter

Re: Fault on Fibre Broadband - one no show but they came today SAT and all ok

What ip profile do you get on BTw speed check. Run the test and then carry out the further test which asks for your number. It  will provide you IP profile. Then compare that to current line speed in your plusnet member centre. If the later is lower then it means plus net system hasn't caught up yet (bt system hasnt told them) and is still pegging the speed back.
Once the plus net current speed matches then try speed test again. It may need PPP connection dropped and reconnected but this normally happens when plus net system updates
Hth
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Fault on Fibre Broadband - one no show but they came today SAT and all ok

Also, are you doing the tests wired or wireless. If wireless, its better practice, to try wired, with issues like this.
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Re: Fault on Fibre Broadband - they came but now off again

Got the speed up to 46m so very happy. HOWEVER Now it has started dropping out again.
Middle light on op modem flashing and then off.
I am pulling my hair out.
Engineer was told by his supervisor to change modem but he refused saying it was a configuration error.
Also when he came he said his visit was because of a lack of speed - didn't know anything about dropping out.
He said line was fine - but changed us to another pair anyway.
I am now looking forward to a frustrating week.
Thx for all your feedback - all tests wired by the way. Thx.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I'll get our faults team to pick this up. Sorry for the wait.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to add to the above, it looks like the engineer changed the connection at the green box (if I'm reading the notes correctly) which should hopefully have resolved the drops and therefore should let the speed pick up?
Hope it has resolved the drops, please let us know if not.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I've tried calling you about this a couple of times today.
As Matt mentions, the D-Side was changed as part of the engineer visit, but I appreciate that the modem was not replaced despite the request.
If you're still having problems, feel free to drop me another mail to let me know when it would be a suitable time to call.
Looking at the connection log, despite a few drops on Sunday, the connection appears to have been stable since.
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Dropped out again tonight.
Came on again at about 9;30pm
So still not ok - should it drop out at all?
Please confirm earlier conversation ( 5.15 ish ) that BTOR are coming on Saturday morning with an experienced engineer who can identify the drop out.
Thank you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see the latest update on the ticket advises an escalation has been raised, though I can't see anything on there confirming an engineer visit. Unfortunately the agent who raised the escalation isn't in at the moment but I'll ask the faults team to chase it up for you and get you an update later today.
Grimbleweed
Grafter

And here we go again -  Last night was advised engineers would be with me on Saturday to change Modem - btw I have changed router fro brand new and fault still here.  Now find out that no booking for Saturday has been made.  Promised call back at 5.00 pm - no one called - rang Plusnet - no idea what is going on - BT not spoken to PN - this is a ridiculous system.
From the top to the bottom it is inefficient and wastes so much of everyone's time.
Now waiting for callback from someone at PN.  James Baiuley hasnt bothered to ring back even though i gave times as I asked - Matt not online.
Great so I have to wait again,
Odd thing is speed when on has gone up from 20 to 53 m  - only problem is its never when i want it because it disconnects - never when using but at odd times when no one is at home.
BTOR .........................................
leader
Grafter

Re: Fault on Fibre Broadband - Ongoing SAGA OF INEFFICENCY AND WASTE OF TIME

Might be an idea to try a Monitoring Software to really help highlight any pattens or clues.?
Draw back is you need an unlocked  Openreach modem HG612(don't be temped to unlock you own always us a spare)

Maybe a read though Bald_Eagle's excellent post (9) might be helpful to see if an unlocked modem would be work getting or not.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113670.msg977923.html#msg977923
Thanks