Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault *not* fixed - need SNR reset please

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Fault *not* fixed - need SNR reset please

Had a BTOR telephone engineer this morning to fix a no dial tone fault. This has now been fixed. Due to the fault my SNR has risen from 6 to 12.5 , giving a sync of 2304,
Can someone, give me a SNR reset please  Smiley ?
I did ask the engineer if he could do the SNR reset, but he could not ( i assume because he was telephone engineer rather  than broadband.)
The engineer left about 25 min ago.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fault fixed - need SNR reset please

Hi there,
I've just submitted the reset. I'll run a line test in a few minutes to check that's taken effect so I can then adjust the profile.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Adam,
I can see the reset has been done, SNR down 6, something appears to be a miss , before this fault i had been syncing at between 6500 - 7300 ( last few years ).
here are my current stats
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 3680 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 39.0 db 20.5 db
Noise Margin 6.1 db 21.0 db
On those basic stats the only difference before the fault is the sync.  On these stats my line should sync much higher , ( last sync before fault 6912)
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

In that case I'll check again in another couple of hours time as it's likely that the profile will increase again during that time. I've set our profile at 3000kbps to bring it in line with BT's.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Okay, thanks Adam
Update : This is now back with faults ( just spoke with them), waiting for call back ( info added to ticket)
Regards
Mike

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Fault *not* fixed - need SNR reset please

Cheers for letting me know, they should get that sorted for you. Any issues just let me know.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team