cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastpath

backie
Hooked

Fastpath

Hello, please could I be put on a 6db fastpath profile which I have used in the past with other isp's, this got changed back to interleaving with my new plusnet connection.

Thanks,

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fastpath

Taking a look now, I'll post back shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've placed an order to remove interleaving, we can't specifically set the db margin on a 20CN line unfortunately though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@backie wrote:

6db fastpath profile which I have used in the past with other isp's

Rob

Hi Rob,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Just a note of expectation management.  Who were those other ISPs?  There are unfortunately far too many exchanges around which still do not have ADSL2 provision from BT Wholesale yet have LLU availability from the likes of Sky and Talk Talk.

In such situations a user migrating from the LLU provider to an ISP using the only available BT Wholesale services might never receive the same speeds seen with the LLU provider.  It all depends on the length of the line.  For example on long lines the can be little difference between adsl and adsl2.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

backie
Hooked

Hi, BT and talktalk I think you're right as I probably wasn't able to select the profile with BT (just turn off interleaving) it was several years ago.  ASDL2 was available to me with talktalk however I got better performance and stability with adsl1 probably due to the length of my line.