cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast to interleave request

mikehvy
Dabbler

Fast to interleave request

Hello, I'm new to Plusnet from BT with a 20cn exchange.
I am on a long 6Km line so my 53db attn and 2.5mb profile are  pretty good considering the line length. It has always been an unstable line, usually prone to disconnects in the evenings resulting in profile changes to 1.5mb . I  ended up with a 12db tsnr and a profile of 2mb at best. I got BT to do a reset back to 6db with interleaving and since then avoided evening use, switching off after daytime use, cause I am a light user and can manage just daytime use. Using it this way I could get a 2.5 to 3mb profile. Over time, the interleaving went to fast path.
Since I joined Plusnet  I have left the technicolor router switched on 24/7 and found it to be very stable, not experiencing the dropouts I used to get with the HHub2, business hub and netgear 834 used previously. However because the connection was about 3800 I was unable to use the internet one evening because of all the errors. The snr had dropped to 1 but the connection was still maintained. I had to do a manual reset resulting in a 3100 sync and the internet was usable again. It has maintained that connection since but there are still many errors occurring in peaks during the evening and night. I was expecting the exchange to move to interleaving but nothing has happened so far. Will this eventually happen or can you put this line on interleaving.
I've attached 3 views , one with the 3800 sync and then two  with the 3100 sync.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fast to interleave request

Hi,
I've just placed an order to enable interleaving and updated ticket 78586147 for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikehvy
Dabbler

Re: Fast to interleave request

Hello Adam
Thank you for quick reply, I will check it out tomorrow then. I am pleased with the technicolor router, it has not dropped connection since i did the manual reset for nearly 5 days now. Before it was very rare to last longer than a day without a re-sync with the other routers I've used.
Thanks
Mike