Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling Line speed

FIXED
HBee
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Falling Line speed

I received an unexpected boost to my down speed from 0.5mb/s to 2mb/s between 1-2 months ago. But it's been slowly chopped back down to 0.5mb/s again. Is there any way those speeds can be restored?

I've attached my Plusnet IP profile, line check, router stats and BT wholesale test.

6 REPLIES 6
HBee
Hooked

Re: Falling Line speed

My router shows upload bandwidth higher than download. Is that unusual?

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 602 / 574

HBee
Hooked

• I carried out the quiet line test and I don't hear any interference.
  • The SN Margin (down) is now around: 14dB
  • I replaced the microfilter, no change.
  • I moved the router to the test socket, no change.
  • I tried a different router which showed a line attenuation of 55 (down) instead of 60.5 on my typical Plusnet router, but no other change.

Our IP Profile and line check estimates between 1 - 2.5Mb but current line speed is only getting 0.5Mb

The most similar problem posted on this forum I can find: My linespeed keeps decreasing. Seems there was a speed restriction on his line or something?

HBee
Hooked

WBC ADSL 2+ Upgrade?

(I tried posting this beforehand but it didn't show up on the board for some reason.)

This is what I get using the BT Broadband Availability checker

Line_check (2).png

Are we able to upgrade to WBC ADSL 2+?

Can anyone tell me what "Left in Jumper" means and is it limiting us to the Fixed Rate?

Thanks.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: WBC ADSL 2+ Upgrade?

Moderator's note:

Two duplicate posts starting new threads have been released from the Spam Filter.

One has been removed and the other has been merged with this thread to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

HBee
Hooked

Re: WBC ADSL 2+ Upgrade?

Fix

I contacted customer services and they managed to bring sync speeds back up. It went about as high as 3,400 kbps but it seems to have settled to 2,336 kbps in the past few days. I don't know what the problem was but many thanks to them for sorting that out! We can stream videos again!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had with your connection. Testing your line is detecting a potential fault (which is possibly the underlying issue), so I'm raising that to our suppliers now to further investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet