cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallen tree on line

xex

Fallen tree on line

Hi
A tree fell on our line last friday, there isn't very good mobile reception and the queues for support were 40 minutes but I managed to call openreach myself and reported it. They turned up Saturday and removed the tree but couldn't join the line as it was dark as climbing the telegraph poles would be a bit dangerous.
I tried to call plusnet again with the queues but then managed to tether my phone so could fill in the online form, this done they created a ticket.
Now almost a week later no broadband or phone and nothing to say an estimate or fix date.Tried adding to the ticket to ask but nothing so far.
Would it be worth me contacting openreach again, I know it's meant to go through plusnet but they seem a bit overwhelmed at the moment?
The engineer did warn me it could ne up in a loop between them and plusnet where it's bounced back and forth as made safe and needs fixing.
2 REPLIES 2
Spider
Grafter

Re: Fallen tree on line

My experience of BT Openreach is that they will only deal directly if the reported problem is either a safety issue or directly affecting the line. I have reported branches on lines before where the weight was enough to put the wire on the ground and change the angle of the poles either side. They were not interested as no fault on the line detected. A missing manhole cover they had properly barriered off in 4 hours of my call and fully replaced in 72 hours (to give time for the cement to harden). Things change though and sometimes I feel that the response is dependent on the person you reach. If you have a specific issue that it network related rather than your personal phone line then you have probably have a good chance that BT Openreach will respond and fix the issue..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fallen tree on line

I've just checked over your fault and the estimated repair time is the 17th Jan. If we receive an update prior to this we'll let you know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.