cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC still running at <10mbs

jusbriggs2

Re: FTTC still running at <10mbs

Everything is fine now, thanks Chris. It was just to let you know that he shouldn't be experiencing such low speeds being almost as close as I am to the cab. He was getting ~50Mbps prior to the line/congestion issues. I have seen on these forums in the past that peoples line profiles have not been raised after a fault resolution, any chance that his profile is stuck at what he is currently getting?
jusbriggs2

This is what BT estimate that he would get. Just for reference.
jusbriggs2

Also (just one more  Smiley ) this link from another post from the forums http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/ lists the fault at our exchange as fixed and being monitored. It just sounds like Fleeps line profile is set at a fault finding speed and hasn't been ramped back up yet. I am getting 80/20 consistently again in the evenings.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see where you're coming from Smiley
I've checked over the line previously (and again today) and there's a Copper Fault which is restricting the connection rate between the Modem and Cabinet which is the problem.
Once we get the copper side of things sorted, the connection rate should go back up, along with the profile.
Fleep
Dabbler

I'm struggling to understand why a BT phoneline engineer was called out. He kept telling me that I should organize a broadband engineer, and that he could only check for line noise. Do I need to do anything to action the next step?
I'm only available to give access to the premesis on a saturday, or weekdays after 4, which makes it difficult. Could it be an issue at my home rather than between the telegraph pole and the cabinet?
It seems my 'waiting for an engineer' was a fruitless wait, and that it wasn't the correct engineer that arrived anyway.
Incredibly frustrated that this is taking so long to resolve at this point. This time I waited a week for an engineer that turned out to not be appropriate for diagnosing or solving the issue.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand your concern - we send engineers out dependent on the results that we get.
If the result shows a voice fault - we'll send out a telephone engineer. In this case it looks as though we need to get a broadband engineer out for you. If you could update your ticket (if you haven't already) with how the visit went and that a broadband engineer is required, the faults team will get in touch with you to arrange this further.
Fleep
Dabbler

I've never plugged a phone into the socket, let alone reported a voice fault.
The copper fault has been a known issue for a while it seems, but still a phone engineer was sent out.
Hopefully the engineer has logged his findings by now, but I'll make a call to the support line after I finish work to make sure things are updated and I have some information on what's being arranged.
Thanks so much for your help Chris. I know this issue would be present regardless of which ISP I was a customer with, and your feedback is infinitely better than my other options, I just hope things can be resolved soon as I have been waiting patiently for ages, now starting to feel frustrated..
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can completely understand your frustration.
We'll keep going at this and we will get it sorted out for you. If there is anything else I can help with in the meantime, do let me know.
Fleep
Dabbler

I have had a call from the Bt engineer again, who has told me that the rectification dig work that was done to my line previously is the cause of the issue, and that it will require another dig to be scheduled. He has suggested that my t wisted-pair has been split, and that the work was likely done by subcontractors and not OpenReach.
Is there any chance of confirming this through the engineer's notes?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's something that the Faults Team may be able to get their hands on. Please ensure you let the Faults Team know so they can try and get some historical information on it for you.
Fleep
Dabbler

Do I have to spend half my evening on the phone in queues once more so I can yet again chase up a resolution to this?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No - you can add a note to the Fault Ticket.
There's no need to call us if you need to provide us with further information.
Fleep
Dabbler

Please forgive my ignorance, but how to I see this Fault Ticket? I can't seem to find it in the member's centre.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Chris,
Sorry to add / highlight this here...
...and add an update here, because you updating your ticket will alter its place in the fault team's ticket queue.

@Fleep,
Even tough you do not have a telephone plugged in, generally the copper cable from the cabinet to your home is managed by the 'voice services' (Pots) part of BTOR.
When you log into the member centre, s there a "PlusNET ave replied to your ticket" prompt on the front screen?  If mot go to support & service, where there is a view my questions option.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can do this here: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=view_question&id=78961498 (Account login required)