Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC status check on delayed cab?

Cameleon
Dabbler

FTTC status check on delayed cab?

Hi all,
Is it possible to get updates on cabs that are delayed for FTTC? We're moving to a new estate served by Turgis Green exchanged which is FTTC enabled, but the cab we will be on (PCP15) is currently delayed and expected to be end of year 2014 according to BT Wholesale checker. I see there was roadworks planned on roadworks.org in May/June for power duct and power but don't know if these happened. Would be good to know if FTTC is coming and when if anyone is able to get updates.
I know there used to be a mail address for BT Wholesale but they closed it down. I've also opened a support ticket with PN but its sat unanswered for over a week, which is a shame as they used to be answered really quick (been a customer over 7yrs).
Having been on the trail for FTTC I'm not looking forward to my 10x speed decrease for the same cost  Shocked
Cheers
Chris
11 REPLIES 11
GeordieMark
Grafter

Re: FTTC status check on delayed cab?

Try popping your postcode into http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
I don't know if they still do, but they used to highlight delayed cabs and the reason
Cameleon
Dabbler

Thanks, thats where I started and it states the same on the ADSL checker on BT site (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com)
This marker shows cabinet: P15
Which is linked to exchange: TURGIS GREEN
Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. We're sorry but it’s taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us.
We're sorry that the work we are doing to bring fibre broadband to your area is taking longer than first planned. This can be for many reasons that include blocked underground cable routes, issues with providing electrical power to the cabinet and issues with the cabinet’s location. Please bear with us while we work to resolve this which may take some time. We will continue to work on this and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

That in addition to the roadworks stuff suggests the cab need power and didnt have it. Just wondering if it now does and if it will be enabled any time soon - or at all  Sad
GeordieMark
Grafter

Impossible to tell without speaking to someone at OR Sad just keep an eye out on roadworks.org to see if there's any BT / power work going on there.
Our cab was installed and powered (could hear it humming) November last year, but was only activated for orders last week, I can only assume issues with blocked ducts or something from there to the exchange.
Cameleon
Dabbler

Shame, seems we will just have to wait and see. I was hoping PN could ask OR for us, given OR wont speak to the public since they closed down that email address you could ask on ages ago. Given I've been with PN for over 7yrs, you'd hope a bit of loyalty would help things along, but my ticket on it has not been answered in well over a week (think it might be two now).  Sad
GeordieMark
Grafter

One the forum guys might pick this up shortly and see what they can do, they may be able to enquire more I'm not sure. No harm in asking though  Grin
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@Cameleon - Getting updates on Cab work can be a little tricky without an order in place. Your best bet is to wait until the House Move has completed, that way we can look at what's causing the delays. As it stands at the moment your line is registered to your current address, so it'll only give us details about availability within your locality.
We'd be happy to check what's going on at the cab once you've moved?
Cameleon
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, thats very helpful. Will wait for the line to move across now.
I tried goad the local OR engineer into our house the other day but failed - he was here to do the neighbours property. I did say he would be back in 1.5wks but decided that wasnt a good enough excuse  Roll_eyes
Cameleon
Dabbler

So the lines moved over and I am even getting ~7Mpbs which is more than expected given its on ADSL Max  Grin
Can PN now have a look at fibre status?  Wink
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Cameleon,
After attempting to place a manual order for you I can see that the system is accepting fibre order for you line so you should be able to change your account on the portal and the upgrade and account change will both the queued up for you to complete on the earliest available date for you!
One things to note though is that the report coming back on the availability shows you line as being suitable for speeds of 35.8 Mbps on FTTC so it may be worth thinking about going for the Unlimited Fibre option as opposed to the Unlimited Fibre Extra based on the speed you've been estimated.
Cameleon
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
I went to look at the upgrade and its showing our old address/phone number still where we were on the PN FTTC (from the trial). Are you seeing us connected to Basingstoke (where we had FTTC) or Turgis Green (new address with ADSL Max)?
Thanks
Chris
Cameleon
Dabbler

Hi guys,
Hopefully this should be showing the right number now (ends 083 and connected to Turgis Green). Hopefully you can get some kind of update now. Its showing on the usual status checkers as delayed and should be live by the end of the year. At the moment there doesn't even appear to be a new cab or work for the new cab though  Cry
The only slight silver lining is my predicted 2.5-7Mpbs on DSL Max is currently sitting at a somewhat unexpected 7.5Mbps. Cool