cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC speed (yes another one! Ref #88807050)

MartinPN

FTTC speed (yes another one! Ref #88807050)

I've had a physical line fault repaired by an openreach engineer a couple of days ago, but my FTTC connection is still stuck at 6Mbs download using the BT wholesale tester
The fault has been closed by Plusnet (to be fair the phone line is now quiet) - but could someone give my settings a kick (I can't find anything noise/attention related on my FTTC router so I've no idea if something is still slowing the line down). As I seem to be stuck on "I've got a bad connection"  mode.
Thanks
Martin
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC speed (yes another one! Ref #88807050)

Hi Martin,
I've taken a look over your line and can see that you had a phone fault rectified, having further test you broadband line it seems there is an issue there too. I've now raised this with our faults team and we'll keep you updated on the progress of this.
MartinPN

Hi Chris
Two faults for the price of one! Thanks for the update. I've just swapped back to the original micro-filter just in case the new ones I got last month weren't working properly
MartinPN

Delighted to say, I'm up to 32Mbs. Not entirely sure what happened, but it got bumped up to the 2nd level of support.
The openreach engineer confirmed there wasn't a problem (on a sunday!), everything was seemingly ok at the plusnet end, but at the bt end - they said I wasn't connected - despite the engineer using my landline, and both of us being connected to the internet (getting 6Mbs). So whatever port I was running on must have been set to a default profile (as checking forums etc - 6-9Mbs is what you seem to get when you run without a profile). I guess now they have found me - my port can have it's proper profile attached.
Or something like that! Anyway, thought I'd update the post - just in case someone else has the same problem.