cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC speed plummet

matt_2k34
Grafter

FTTC speed plummet

Note that these lines are both at the same premesis... Literally part of the same bundle which come to the house and Sockets are next to each other with a ~15cm connection to the modem from the wall... Amazing the speed disparity just on paper already. The speed has dropped since about 4/5 days ago... (lines dropped together, which usually means Maintenance or Uh-Oh... 🐵
Anyone else having issues or is it just me?  Angry
Line #1 - Parents Line: (Karian)
Estimated line speed:Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates)
Current line speed:61.6 Mb  Wink

Which gateway?
You are currently connected to the gateway known as ptn-ag02.
This is located in Telehouse North.

It's worth noting ive just swapped this account from Plusnet Extra Fibre to Unlimited.... and its taken me almost 10 minutes as the page keeps failing to load (the pretty spinning circle animation is getting rather tedious).... Site a little sluggish too?

Line #2 - My Line: (Matt2k34)
Estimated line speed:
46Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2012-12-28 16:46:58
Current line speed:
54 Mb  Shocked

Which gateway?
You are currently connected to the gateway known as pcl-ag01.
This is located in City Lifeline House.

Exchange = Swadlincote(OLO = EMSWADL)
Exchange capacity is shown as Green up until the 11th at least - as shown Here
P.S. - this is really getting on my wick...

Regards

edit: B0rked a tag  Cheesy
33 REPLIES 33
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Re: FTTC speed plummet

Your lucky I'm getting as low as 1.4 at the burton on Trent exchange on Plusnet fibre from 6pm right through to 12pm and its really really annoying, it was fine before December
matt_2k34
Grafter

I'm wondering it something has gone Wonky at EMSWADL ... I Think they were routing fibre from Burton to Swad then Swad to BT backhaul (IIRC!!)
Sounds like congestion, Which is annoying as there's sod all that can be done other than poke BT. Awesome  Angry
Regards
edit: Might be worth PN noting this, as it looks like they need to poke BT rather than actually look at your line (unless there's an underlying issue)
AndyH
Grafter

@ Matt_2k34 - Your exchange is on Sky's list of congested exchanges (not sure how this works with LLU, but Sky have an upgrade scheduled for mid Feb).
Other ISP users reported speed issues too at peak times - http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/CAN-ANYTHING-BE-DONE-ABOUT-CONGESTION/td-p/752162
http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/CAN-ANYTHING-BE-DONE-ABOUT-CONGESTION/m-p/758516
matt_2k34
Grafter

FML.
Well great. Means im stuck with this POS until BT get their finger out.
Thanks AndyH  Smiley
Regards
AndyH
Grafter

Seeing more and more problems with congestion in exchanges as fibre rolls out and people switch from ADSL.
I'm on a 100/15 FTTP service and my free Sky 48.5dB connection was faster last week!
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
@ Matt_2k34 - Your exchange is on Sky's list of congested exchanges (not sure how this works with LLU, but Sky have an upgrade scheduled for mid Feb).
Other ISP users reported speed issues too at peak times - http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/CAN-ANYTHING-BE-DONE-ABOUT-CONGESTION/td-p/752162
http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/CAN-ANYTHING-BE-DONE-ABOUT-CONGESTION/m-p/758516

:)think your right I've had bt out twice to say there's nothing wrong with the line,they've even come out with some bull that  the adsl signal is bleeding into my pairs!what it just thought it start in December! Ironically though my neighbour is with SKY and his is fine during 6pm -12pm just waz in my wounds
matt_2k34
Grafter

You do get crosstalk, But generally the engineers that come out have NFI what goes on, they are just generally cable-pair monkeys (no offence to any engineers reading this, or that you know - there's exceptions to this rule of course...!)
Understand congestion, just they really need to sort it - it wouldn't be so bad if it was generally stable at that speed, I'm getting 3 then 20 then generally going up slowly
Regards
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

If it helps mine's up and down between 68 and 71 all the time. Shocking.
/coat
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Angry very similar to me if I do a speedtest.net test wired or pppoe straight in to bt modem I get any thing from 0.45 to 9 during this time the btw test comes in about 7 though I managed to get at 1.42 download the upload is always ok,the btw mini shows the through put in real time and you can see the numbers going 1,7,3,0,0,12,9,3 etc,end of the day before fibre living in Stretton 5.5 km adsl line was1.5 mb so having 30 mb all of a sudden was great so Apple TV ,Internet TV Netflix,eztv etc now has all gone to pear shaped ,a lot of kit sitting there doing nothing!at least on adsl I could play games with a 26 m/s ping not now its sometimes 300 m/s,me thinks I'm going back to the dark ages if this isn't sorted by the end of this month!hope you get sorted swady Smiley
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Quote from: dvorak
If it helps mine's up and down between 68 and 71 all the time. Shocking.
/coat

Grin you poor thing
matt_2k34
Grafter

I know you stuck your oar in just cause it's me Adie  Roll_eyes  Cheesy
Its just cause im lagging in DOTA atm, which is annoying me.
Regards
matt_2k34
Grafter

Yep. looks like capacity.
Bugger. Might as well tell PlusNet to call off the search Trickz Wink
Regards
Matt
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: Matt_2k34
I know you stuck your oar in just cause it's me Adie  Roll_eyes  Cheesy

ofc, it's called payback Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34

Yep. looks like capacity.
[Censored]. Might as well tell PlusNet to call off the search Trickz Wink
Regards
Matt

:-\What can I do now though? I can't keep having a bt engineer out to tell me my lines fine and having days off work,Plusnet please sort bt out.