Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC speed or lack there of.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FTTC speed or lack there of.

Quote from: smhartley
Any idea why my upstream profile is so low? I am hitting that most of the time, but when I see what others are getting (ie pod000, who is on the same exchange as me) I just wonder why mine is only 2Mbps.

Your upload speed is just under 2Mbps because you are on a 40/2Mbps service. That was offered during the Fibre trials but I though even those users had been changed to 40/10Mbps. Something for Plusnet to look into.
David
smhartley
Grafter

Could you explain 40/2Mbps service please? Does that mean download speed limited to 40Mbps and upload to 2Mpbs?
I only upgraded to Fibre a month ago and was not on the Fibre trial so why would this be? Especially as I purchased the 'unlimited' service, although I knew I would never get 76Mbps dowload I was happy with the 38Mbps that was estimated. I probably didn't take much notice of the estimated upload speed but I would like someone from Plusnet to have a look at that please.
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes it does mean it's limited, but in any event even if you won't get any faster you should still have been put on the 80/20 service as I understand it. Provisioning on 40/2 or 40/10 was a bug in the system that should be been resolved.
smhartley
Grafter

Do I need to open a ticket to get that sorted? Or do you think a CSA is likely to pick it up from here?
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Some-one should pick it up shortly.
smhartley
Grafter

Thanks Anotherone.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: smhartley

Do I need to open a ticket to get that sorted? Or do you think a CSA is likely to pick it up from here?
Thanks

Hi,
Picked it up for you and placed the upgrade for you, should be done sometime tomorrow morning. The estimate says you should get more than 2Mbps but looks like that got missed when the order got placed but you should see the increase tomorrow.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
smhartley
Grafter

Thanks Dave. Can you confirm that I am currently on 40/2 or 40/10 and that the upgrade request that you have placed will put me on 80/20?
AndyH
Grafter

Is this related to the speed problem or another issue? http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/fault-outage-details.aspx?reference=16598
smhartley
Grafter

It started with the speed problem (which is obviously still ongoing) but since I have been trawling this forum I noticed other, much higher upload speeds so queried why mine is so low!
Reply by spraxyt:
Your upload speed is just under 2Mbps because you are on a 40/2Mbps service. That was offered during the Fibre trials but I though even those users had been changed to 40/10Mbps. Something for Plusnet to look into.
Picked up by Dave, who has placed an upgrade order.
Thanks
pod000
Grafter

fingers crossed.
smhartley
Grafter

what did they do?
how long will it last?  Grin
half an hour ago I was still on 7Mb
pod000
Grafter

BT have replaced a card at the exchange which seems to have fixed the problem. This would mean that the problem had nothing to do with congestion/capacity..
heres hoping it stays at these speeds and your line is upgraded soon smhartley.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Chris is away this week, so I'm chasing this up. I haven't had any response to the escalations we've raised with this today but as soon as I can confirm anything I will.
smhartley
Grafter

I hope so too pod000. I hope you can get that Trivial Pursuit put away for good now  Roll_eyes