Did you mean: 

FTTC speed or lack there of.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: FTTC speed or lack there of.

Just to give you all a quick update.
I've just spoken to our suppliers who have informed me that an issue has been detected in the Scarborough/Filey area which serves FTTC customers at the Scarborough Exchange. (I'm not 100% if this is related to the layer 2 issue that you've mentioned).
Our suppliers are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, I am due a further update in around 48 hours, I'll keep you all updated.
I'm really sorry it's taking so long to get resolved.
pod000
Grafter

Thank you for the update Chris But I am painfully aware there is an issue with fibre in Scarborough and have been aware for the last 11days.
What is the issue?
A further update in 48 hours is that when the problem will be fixed or just when you can call.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pod000
I understand that you are aware, I am making other members of this forum aware as well.
I am unsure of the issue as it is currently being investigated by our suppliers. When I say that I'll have a further update in 48 hours, it by no means doesn't mean that the issue will be fixed, it just means that I will summarise the information that I am provided by our suppliers.
I'm trying my best to keep you all updated.
pod000
Grafter

@Chris. So after 11 days the only thing you can UPDATE us with is what we already know. That is my point .
Nothing concrete, No estimates as to when it will be fixed. I was told by the Engineer who came that " there was an issue and it was being looked into". That was a week ago  and your update sounds suspiciously similar..
so to paraphrase your update.
I don't know anything new .Wait a couple of days and I might.
AndyH
Grafter

@ pod000
That's how BT work unfortunately.
BT **should** be listing this as a fault on their service update page with time frames etc., but I doubt they will list it.
I had a similar thing back in Jan and it took a couple of weeks to get a date when the problem would be fixed. Even then, no one knew exactly what the problem was! Woke up the next morning and problem was gone.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As I've mentioned, I'll provide you with all the information that I can when it becomes available to me.
I'm not going to promise you something that I might not be able to deliver.
pod000
Grafter

Thanks Andy. it maybe how BT work but that doesn't mean We should accept shoddy service. Since joining Plusnet I have had problem after Problem after Problem. I have now had more time with a restricted service than I have with a full service. It's the way Plusnet just except that that's the way it works and then expect us to do the same. If this had been my first Problem I surely would be more tolerant. It isn't though and to be given information that I already knew as an update is laughable.
It may well be fixed over night but I would like to know which night. Without Plusnet pushing for answers I won't know.
pod000
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

I'm not going to promise you something that I might not be able to deliver.

I don't want PROMISES I would like ANSWERS to an eleven day old problem.
Plusnet yet again doing me proud. way to go..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We can't promise anything more than what Chris has and that we'll provide you with the information you've asked for when it becomes available to us.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

@ pod000
I totally agree with you. It's probably just as annoying for PN as they must get frustrated when customers vent their anger at the lack of updates and they can't do anything. At the end of the day, everyone is in the hands (and mercy!) of BT.
In an ideal world, the specific fault would be listed on BT's site with an ETA of a fix. But they only seem to list faults where connections have been lost.  The other thing is when you're consistently below the acceptable performance level of your connection (as shown on the BT speed test), then BT should be reimbursing PN on a pro-rata basis for the downgraded performance.

Something that I would like to know and PN might be able to answer - if a user pays the extra money for the enhanced service/repair level (do PN offer this?), would BT be fixing the problem any quicker? BT used to offer a 6 hour service repair service 24/7, but this was obviously geared towards businesses.
Finguz
Grafter

Shared between 3 keen netheads  Roll_eyes
I know how things work and what that means about our rights ( or lack of them ), but that certainly doesn't mean I'm happy about it.
Another evening of gaming over before it begins  Angry
pod000
Grafter

@Finguz I`ve stopped doing speedtests as they only make me sad Cry
I haven`t gamed properly since before new year.I did have a play a couple of weeks back and when Fibre works it`s good(gotta love being the host for a change)
Hopefully there will be an actual update soon or like AndyH suggests it might get fixed overnight. Still not holding my breath.

smhartley
Grafter

Well, my 10Mbps didn't last long!

And I can't even say it was nice while it lasted as I've been out since I did the last speedtest so haven't been using it!
The engineer that came to fix my fault did find a fault which he corrected but also told me that he spent most of last week attending to FTTC lack of speed faults
AndyH
Grafter

I wonder why they couldn't put a status up like this: http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/fault-outage-details.aspx?reference=15858
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

They do Andy - here - http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php - but that one isn't on it as it didn't apparently affect Plusnet.